Penny, any advice for President's week?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Penny, I read your recommendation not to go to CJ for President's week and as it turns out, that is the week I will be there. I recommended CJ to my friends as a quiet resort. They chose the dates. Any recommendations? Should I make restaurant reservations? Will I be able to get a beach chair? Will it be super noisy? I am in distress, I bought my tickets today and for me it is a very expensive vacation.

WT
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 05:16 PM

Penny is at Cap Now and won't get back till 22 Nov so don't expect a promt ewsponse
Old Nov 17th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for letting me know HowardC. That was very kind of you! I originally read Penny's comments, but we were arriving and the end of President's week going into the next week so I wasn't all that worried. My friends meeting me from Italy moved the date forward, and I just didn't remember. I should have realized something was wrong because I couldn't get the room I wanted, the flight I wanted, etc.
Old Dec 30th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Original Poster

topping for Penny
Old Dec 30th, 2005, 04:43 PM

This is an old post, and I did not see it until this evening. Howard my dear friend was correct I was at Cap when this post first appeared. I am going back to CJ in mid Feb. not President's week. Presidents week has been a big school vacation from NY area for many many years, now that we are in a baby boom again it still remains very family oriented. Cap will be full, but be certain you will get beach chairs etc. I do not know if it will be super noisy--but since you made your reservations I would just relax an enjoy. It will be interesting to see how busy the island will be for us too.
I see that you are going a little later,
so it should be fine. The hotel was full during our November trip, they had 3 weddings during our 10 night stay. It was not a problem at all. Make sure you go to Trattoria Tramonta, the chef Valter is from Italy, Allan the owner is too. Its my favorite restaurant on the island!
Old Jan 9th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Original Poster

Penny, Thank you for the response and also for the restaurant suggestion. I am meeting friends from Italy there and this restaurant will be a nice surprise for them.