Parrot Heads- head's up!

Search

Parrot Heads- head's up!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Parrot Heads- head's up!

If you're going to Anguilla in March, hit Bankie Banx's Dune Preserve on March 24th. Jimmy Buffett is putting on a special show and all the proceeds will go to Anguilla charities. He hosts even greater concerts at lower latitudes.
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 12:16 PM

Thanks for the heads up - my college son is a ParrotHead and would have loved to have gone. However, we are taking him to Grand Cayman, leaving on that date. (His first trip to GC).

How can I find out about other Buffet concerts on other islands?

PS. Are you familiar with the big Parrot Head festival in Key West in the late fall and the Virtual Parrot Head website?
Old Feb 20th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Original Poster

I'm familiar with the Parrot Head website, but didn't know about the Key West gala. Thanks for the update! Robert59
Old Feb 21st, 2007, 07:46 AM

Just hang around St Barts. He bowls up in his plane, and jumps up on stage at apparent random at various locations.

Difficult to plan for though.
Old Feb 21st, 2007, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

LySun; I don't know of any other Caribbean island tours. He'll be in Illinois, Texas and Wisconsin in the coming months.
Waring; I heard that he unnanounced hits a particular island and rolls up to the beach...so, it's St. Barts, huh. I hope he doesn't make a new song called, "St. Barts Mystaica". Back in 1996, his plane, the "Hemisphere Dancer" was shot at by the Jamaican police. They thought it was a drug smuggling plane coming in. U2's Bono was aboard the plane, too. Save bullet holes in the fuselage, noyone was injured. Maybe that's why he goes to St. Barts, now? Robert59
Old Feb 21st, 2007, 09:09 AM
Original Poster

Forgot to add, that's how his one song, "Jamaica Mystaica" was written. St. Barts, Onward! should be made into a song, too. Robert59
Old Feb 21st, 2007, 12:54 PM

Have never been to St. Barts but I could handle just hanging around on it for months, even if Buffet does not show up.

By the way - Son is also into Bob Marley (weird son - ranges from being a ParrotHead to liking bluegrass and everything in between). Do you know anything about the Bob Marley Freedom Resort in Nassau, Bahamas.
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:35 AM

LvSun,

Nothing weird about that combo at all!!

My wife & I always bring our two favorite CD's with us to the islands, one is Jimmy Buffet, and the other is Bob Marley. Both just seem to really fit the island vibe.

Funny about Buffet playing in Anguilla, as my wife will be there next week, and she just about fainted when she read about missing Jimmy by about 30 days!! She is a true Parrothead, and hasn't missed a New England show in years. It is a dream of ours to catch him at a small place in the islands.....
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

ScottB; AHHHH! My sympathies for your wife. Oh, well, maybe she can experience some of the pre-Jimmy Buffet parties. I hear the islands start popping before he arrives. Robert59
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 02:34 PM

Ugh!!! I just finalized our trip to Jamaica over the Buffett in Anguilla time period and actually considered Anguilla......I can't believe we could have actually seen Buffett in the carribean.. Where do you check for this great info?? I hope some Parrottheads get to enjoy...I'll just have to settle for a margarita and Buffett music in Jamaica...I guess it could be worse!!!
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 03:11 PM

beachbum: the best and latest up to date info on ALL of Jimmy Buffett's tour dates can be found at www.buffettnews.com. There is more than enough info there for any true Parrothead (like myself). Great discussion board, as well. I've only seen 4 shows, though, as he doesn't get up to the Pac NW too often. A show in the islands would be a dream come true! Have a great time in Jamaica....where are you going?
Old Feb 22nd, 2007, 03:12 PM
Original Poster

beachbum2-It's on his internet tour schedule. Oh well, you can play "Jamaica Mystaica" whilst you're there. Robert59
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 05:59 AM

Just booked for the March Buffett concert and Cap Juluca - any suggestions on where to hang out?
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 11:24 AM

The Pumphouse, Johnno's, & Sunsets in Sandy Ground have live music. Also Smokey's on Cove Bay (close to Cap) from 12-3 on Saturdays. Live music on Shoal Bay East Sundays afternoons -- don't know about other times. There are fun bands in Anguilla & Anguillians LOVE to dance -- Thursday nights at the Pumphouse, starts hopping at 10:30/11 & it goes on & on & on. Great fun!
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 11:56 AM

Hey CS, do you have the same screen name on BN? I'm Coconuts, but that was taken here.
Old Feb 25th, 2007, 12:14 PM

Coco: No, it was taken. I use "NegrilBound" as my monicker on BN. I mainly lurk on the board but it provides some essential escapism.
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 11:55 AM

He's here on St Barts now. Can see his plane parked up at the airport.

Cheeseburger in Paradise is apparently inspired in part by the Select in "Downtown" Gustavia, he's coming here since the 70's, allegedly being one of the original "pirates". I can say no more.

"LE SELECT - St.Barthelemy, French West Indies I sort of watched this burger evolve and actually was the cook the first night the stand opened, flipping burgers for my friend Eddie Staklborough. I overheard some people at the counter waiting for their burgers, and they said, "How sad. You know he used to be famous, but now he's cooking cheeseburgers.""
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 12:34 PM

We were there in 1999 for the 50th anniversary of Le Select -- Buffet gave a free concert; the entire island showed up. 'Twas AMAZING!
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 01:17 PM

OK TRAVELINGBLONDIE, I'm quite jealous! I will be listening to Jamaica Mysaica at the Caves. Thanks for the tour info too!
Old Feb 26th, 2007, 09:22 PM

Got an e mail from Ticketmaster and he was playing at an arena here. Looked at his website and decided playing on the dunes sounded much more fun! Can't wait!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -