Search

Parrot Cay Resort

Search this Thread

Old May 11th, 2000, 08:26 AM
Stuart

Parrot Cay Resort

Going in july, has anybody stayed at this property.Any info would help.I am finding it very hard to find any info on this hotel. <BR>

Old May 11th, 2000, 03:48 PM
Karen

Check the NYTimes Travel Section of April 9 ... wonderful review - think the title is relaxing like a celebrity! Also hearing great things. Did get to gauck at it from the boat (they weren't accepting day guests when I wanted to go)! I am wondering if the rooms along the beach are the accomodations ... they looked stunning right on the beach ... But just a few. The larger buildings were further back and perched hilltop. Beach looked wonderful ... but then most in the T/C do! Keep your fingers crossed and maybe I will have some help uploading my great clopeup shots to the 'puter by the end of the month!!! Try www.luxurylink.com - it is at auction now - or the site is parrot-cay.com (or use luxurylink's link) and www.turksandcaicostourism.com but don't know that there were many posts!

Old May 15th, 2000, 02:33 AM
nancy

hi stuart~ we stayed at parrot cay this past february. it is a very beautiful, quiet, relaxed resort. the rooms that karen saw from the boat are the one and two bedroom "beach villas", which are very beautiful and directly on the beach. the rest of the rooms at the resort are in the larger buildings, which are oceanview (i believe). we were fortunate enough to stay in one of the beach villas. if you have any specific questions, i'd be more than happy to try and answer them. good luck!

Old May 18th, 2000, 01:09 PM
Lee

Stuart- <BR> <BR>We were there last November and had a wonderful time! It has a gorgeous beach, fabulous staff and lots of privacy. It's a great place to relax and unwind...there's not alot of nightlife and no planned kids activities (it's actually more for adults than families anyway) You'll be fairly isolated from Provo as you have to take a yacht transfer from the airport to the resort...it's a private island adjacent to North/Middle Caicos island. It's not very large and very difficult to get booked unless you're calling well in advance, especially around the holidays and in the winter..the rates include breakfast and dinner...Richard Gere stayed there the week before we arrived !! <BR>

Old Mar 3rd, 2001, 08:17 AM
anne

Not a great review in Fridays 3/3/01 weekend section of the Wall Street Journal. Lots of service problems, very slow attention to guests reguests, bugs, noisy a/c outside villas and not the responce rate one would expect at this premium spot.