Reload this Page >

Paradise Island - What to do?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 1999, 04:37 AM
Scott W.

I'm staying at the Atlantis for five days at the end of this month, and while I'm sure there's no shortage of things to do, I was wondering what else is there outside of the resort? Anything like hiking to a waterfall or snorkeling? Basically, a day-log excursion.

Old Apr 1st, 1999, 04:55 AM
Lara

Havenot done it myself, but friends tell me that the speedboat to Exuma is really fun. Check the Atlantis tour desk.

Old Apr 3rd, 1999, 06:02 AM
Casey

Scott, <BR>Be sure to take a LOT of money if you are staying at the Atlantis. Some friends of ours were there a few weeks ago and were astounded at how expensive things were. Ex. $8.00 hot dog. <BR>My wife and I will probably drop in at the Atlantis next week as we are on a four day cruise which spends a couple of days in Nassau. I am looking for neat things to do as well while we are there. <BR>Good luck and have fun! <BR>

Old Apr 6th, 1999, 01:03 PM
jayne

Just got back from 6 nights at a small guest house/cottage at the other end of Paradise Island. I think the most popular excursion available is to Blue Lagoon Island (boats leave from Paradise Island ferry terminal). It's like a little day excursion enclave with beaches for swimming and snorkeling (it was too windy for use the day we were there), hammocks for vegging out, a bar, live music and a lagoon for paddling around in and sunbathing. Dolphin Encounters is also on the island if you'd like to swim or play with the dolphins or watch others do it. <BR> <BR>We also enjoyed the Flying Cloud, recommended by others on this forum. It's a lovely catamaran offering half day snorkeling trips or sunset cruises--very well-run.

Old Apr 17th, 1999, 04:33 PM
Joe

If you are a walker you can pretty much cover Paradise island in a day.There is the Versailes Garden. <BR> <BR>Best snorkeling is to the left as you swim out of Pirate's Cove which is next to Atlantis. <BR> <BR>Visit Paradise Beach if possible. <BR> <BR>That power boat to Exuma excursion did look interesting. <BR>

Old Apr 18th, 1999, 06:11 PM
tweedy

Scott, you will have a grat time, there is no shartage of things to do at Atlantis, and there are also activities available, or just veg out at one of the pools or the beach. <BR> <BR>Downtown Nassau is only a few minutes away, you can take a water ferry to the dock (which comes in right behind the Straw Market) or you can walk across the bridge and that will take about 20 minutes from the Atlantis. <BR> <BR>Downtown there is lots of shopping and I highly recommend the Junkanoo Cafe, which is right beside the straw market for lunch, they do the BEST conch fritters and burgers. Please tell Junior, I said HI!! Ask for a "goobay smash", a Bahamian drink speciality. <BR> <BR>The Pirate Museum is new and I have heard that it is very good, and well done. There is also a very good Zoo on the way to Cable Beach, the Ardastra Zoo and Gardens, it is small and you get a chance to get close to the animals. There's also Crystal Cay, which is across the street from the Zoo and has an underwater aquarium. I haven't seen the one at Atlantis, but they are similar, (Atlantis is bigger). <BR> <BR>When you get to the hotel, there are all kinds of brochres and discount shopping coupons so you can decide what you want to see and do. <BR> <BR>Have a great time and enjoy the Bahamas. <BR> <BR>