One Last Cap Juluca question...

Oct 29th, 2003, 11:57 AM
Original Poster

One Last Cap Juluca question...

Does anyone know if ALL of the Jr. Suites have the glass shower/entrance into the private garden area??? That is the reason we want this room, so if we book, we want to be sure we get that!!!

Thanks for your insight.
Oct 29th, 2003, 12:07 PM

All junior suites do not have the glass wall private garden, the lower center room does not, but the upper center has a private stair to the only upper 3rd floor solarium. The upper 3rd floor is very popular with honeymooners. I would be very specific and make that a request, thats why you are booking the junior suite etc.
Oct 29th, 2003, 12:26 PM
Original Poster

How many units are there per building? Are you meaning that there are six units? If you don't get the glass wall/garden, then what do you get in exchange? I thought all rooms had the "solarium" type setup -- the website is then slightly misleading... I am confused, please help!
Oct 29th, 2003, 12:28 PM
Original Poster

Oh, and which rooms have the glass door/garden vs. nothing??? and can you describe the "upper third floor" more???
Oct 29th, 2003, 12:57 PM

Hope I am not confusing you. The junior suites are in 6 unit villas,
the lower rooms 1 and 3 have the open glass, upper rooms 4 and 6 also have the glass sunning areas. These areas
adjacent to the bathroom glass shower wall. The lower center room does not have the glass shower wall, have not had this room for a few years, to the best of my recollection there is no solarium for this room. I must admit I have never explored the upstairs center room number 5, but I know for sure they have a private stairway, and the whole top floor for sunning and sunsets.
Yes, I guess the website is misleading, that is why I suggested you be very specific about what you want. Also some prefer the upper floors for the view, others prefer the lower floors for easy beach access.
Oct 29th, 2003, 01:37 PM

I have seen the lower middle room. It is considered a jr. suite, but IMHO it should not. Since it is in the middle there cannot be a solarium. As Penny stated, there are 6 rooms per villa, with the upstairs middle room having a stairway to the roof with a private sundeck. A recent guest just posted their pics on webshots. If you type Cap Juluca in the search you will see them. They had the middle upstairs room - very nice.

When making your reservations, you must be very specific and say what you want. If you want an outdoor solarium, you must state "jr suite with solaruim". Both upstairs and downstairs has the outdoor solarium with tub. the upstairs middle room has the private sundeck.
Oct 30th, 2003, 06:30 AM
Original Poster

THank you so much for all of the helpful information! I will be sure to ask that my travel agent request a jr. suite with solarium.

Thanks, again.

Search this Thread