Search

One Day in St. Lucia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19th, 2004, 05:06 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One Day in St. Lucia

I am interested in any tips on the "must see" sights of St. Lucia. We will be in St. Lucia for a day (cruise stop) and I am going to be arranging a custom tour for our group- approx. 15 people. We are a family group ranging with a couple of young children, a few teenagers, and mostly adults aged 28-60. The cruise is a celebratory trip for my parents 30th wedding anniversary. I am planning on a full day tour with a stop for a unique lunch with a cake to celebrate the anniversary. I was thinking of having our lunch at Ladera, if possible, because of the awesome view. Does anyone have any other suggestions for a unique and special place for lunch? I would like to know your "top picks" for the island- I know we won't be able to see everything
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 04:56 AM
Original Poster

I really need help here....
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 08:52 AM

Hi sarajkl,

There are many great places to stop for lunch in St.Lucia, and many beautiful sites to see.

I though, am parcial to when in St.Lucia you must see the Pitons, up close and personal. You really can't get a more incredible view then from Ladera at the top and a totally different view from the beach at the Jalousie Hilton, which is directly at the base of the Petit Piton.

My suggestion would be a water taxi down the coast(beautiful views of the island from the water)a quick tour by water of Marigot Bay then to the Jalousie Hilton beach to enjoy the view and maybe a swim, then taxi up to Ladera (directly above the Jalousie) for lunch. Pick up from Ladera by land taxi with a mini tour of the land highlights on the way back.

I have used www.barefootholidays.com they were just wonderful in helping me customize a tour from a cruise ship.

I'm sure they would have other options and sugguestions for you also.

Time wise, you do have to figure 90 min. to and from Ladera by land.
Ladera is also pretty high priced even for lunch. If you contact Ladera maybe they would do a group/lunch for you.

Some other places for lunch with views of the Pitons would be

Mago Estates
Stonefield
Hummingbird Hotel
The Old Courthouse in Soufriere

Donna
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 09:25 AM

I did a lot of research before our last cruise (which stopped in ST. Lucia). Unfortunately, we went with the cruise ship tour so we were able to view the Pitons but not the other sites I wanted to see: The active volcano (we saw some some bubbling lava from a distance) the Hotsprings which are suppose to be theraputic to sit in. Also, there is a waterfall on St. Lucia that is suppose to turn colors several times a day due to the volcanic activity. Maybe next time for us..
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the feedback- quick question for Donna about the water taxi. Two members of the group get seasick if waters are rough. I have sailed in between St. Vincent and other islands and the passages were rough. I would assume that the waters would be calm so close to the island- but I am not sure.....
Old Jan 20th, 2004, 12:48 PM

sarajkl,
The waters are much calmer then island to island sailing, but it can be a bumpy ride. I was a bit surprised just how rough it was. We did travel in quiet a small boat though. Size of boat will make a big difference. As far as sea sickness goes you really don't hear many complain of this. I think this is due to you always have land right insight, this helps alot if you have a tendency for sea sickness.

The same goes for car sickness in St.Lucia, as the roads are so steep and winding. Some are bothered by it, some, not at all.
Donna