Oistens eatery in homeowner's backyard?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have read somewhere about a very casual "restaurant" that a fellow in Oistens has started in his backyard. It's supposed to be great Bajan cooking and very reasonable - (it's not connected to the Oistens Fish Fry). You basically eat at picnic tables in his yard. Does anyone know about this place? Thanks for any help.
Old Oct 17th, 2008, 03:15 PM

Ah, you must have read it on TA. It's called Flavors. I was planning to try it when we passed thru Barbados, but just didn't have the time. It certainly sounds like a great place. Similar to Boots Cuisine in Grenada, one of our favorites.

I vote you try it and report back to us so we will know. LOL.
Old Oct 21st, 2008, 06:36 AM
Original Poster

Thanks mymoosie. I tried to find it on TA but couldn't remember the name. Will definitely check it out and report back. Appreciate your help!
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 11:52 PM

The place must surely be Flavors, a small place owned by local chef DaCosta Birkett. Only 4-5 tables, with excellent Bajan style cooking. And Cos is also one great guy. It is (was) difficult to find it. Last time I checked this was his address and telephone: Birkett Dacosta, Gall Hill, tlf: 428-6138. It is identical to Boots Cuisine (less Ruby) or Little Dipper on Grenada (I have tried all theree places). Very local food, you eat what chef cooks. Highly reccommended. You can have more info by reading my Barbados trip report, Day 9 (http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic...-Barbados.html).
For more info check TA Barbados forum posts of Rootsie1.
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 03:56 AM
Original Poster

Msny thanks Alex. I went to your trip report which was awesome and have made note of the details. Appreciate your response. I'm just trying to find out if Cos is open on Sunday nights as we're also staying at Peach and Quiet. I'll give Margaret the # and see if she can get in touch. Glad you enjoyed your Bajan holiday - it is a special place for sure.
Old Mar 19th, 2009, 05:05 AM

Starfish1, I would just try and call Cos directly. If you are a member of TA please send me PM there (I use same nickname) for more detailes on the topic. P&Q is a great choice, and they also have great dinners with a lovely familiar atmosphere and excellent food.