Search this Thread

Old Sep 23rd, 2006, 05:23 AM
cmt
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oct. 21, 2006, Fodors GTG in north NJ

Author: Budman
Date: 09/09/2006, 12:14 pm

Announcing the NJ/NY/CT GTG (Get To Gether) on Saturday, October 21, 2006.

Where: Where else? -- Paula at Rigoletto in Weehawken, NJ, 3706 Park Ave, Weehawken, 07086 - (201) 422-9500, http://lavacity.com/food_paula.php. Free parking 1/2 block from the restaurant in the shopping center parking lot.

For those of you coming from NY (Midtown), here's a link to the NY Waterway. The Ferry leaves from Midtown (38th) to Port Imperial (Weehawken) every 20 minutes. Pls let us know if you require transportation from the Ferry terminal to the restaurant. Trish has volunteered to pick you up. http://www.nywaterway.com/portimperial_w38.html

When: Saturday, October 21st

Time: 12 Noon until all the wine and limoncello has been consumed, and all the sharing of stories and adventures have been completed. Last June we had a smaller group, but they still had to kick us out at 5pm so they could prepare for an evening event.

BYOB: This is a "bring your own bottle" restaurant. Paula will be providing the wine glasses, and everyone is welcomed to bring a bottle of his/her own "poison." I'll be bringing some of my own wines plus some of our new stuff. (You've got to taste the Petite Sirah)!!

The Venue: Noon to about 1:30, mingle, sip wine, chit-chat, take pictures, and eat hors d'oeuvres.

Oh, there will be a nominal entrance fee (a couple of bucks) to help pay for the hors d'oeuvres - we'll just pass the hat.

Theme: ??? How about everyone come dressed as a pumpkin? Naw!

About 1:30 or so, order lunch from a specially prepared menu made up for our event. Paula's menus in the past have been simply superb.

The nice thing about this restaurant is that everyone will pay for his/her own luncheon selections, including tax/tip. No having to figure out/dividing the bill.

Since the restaurant will only accommodate 30-32 people, RSVP's will be requested.

Trish has volunteered to compile a list of attendees. Please drop her an e-mail if you would like to attend this grandiose event. [email protected]

If you haven't been to one of these GTG's, talk with anyone who has, and they will tell you it's truly a fun event.
Old Sep 23rd, 2006, 10:19 AM

I'm an organizer of this bi-annual event...we always have a fun time and I've met lots of great Fodorite friends over the past few years!

Hope any of you who are local to the NJ/NY/CT area will consider coming!

I promise to share my love of St. John with anyone who's interested. Trish
Old Sep 24th, 2006, 06:10 AM

Trish: I may try to make this one. I'll let you know.
Old Sep 24th, 2006, 05:21 PM

Thanks carib! Hope to meet you there!
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 11:56 AM

Carib, are you coming?? It's next weekend. Would love to meet you. Trish
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 12:48 PM

Woops. I did forget. Thanks for the reminder. I'm waiting to hear back re: babysitter for my son. My husband will be at an army game that afternoon with his dad. So if I get a sitter, it'll be just me. I may bring a girl friend. I e-mailed her to see if she has nothing better to do than to hang out with a bunch of travel-obsessed strangers.
I'll let you know this weekend or no later than Monday.
Thanks.
Nadine

Old Oct 13th, 2006, 02:41 PM

Sounds good...hope you can make it.