Reload this Page >

Ocean-front room at the Westin

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 10:08 AM
John

My wife and I have an ocean-front room at the Westin. Can those of you who have stayed in an ocean-front room tell me which floor is the best to stay on. I'm thinking the top floor would be the best but I'd like to hear some opinions. Thanks for any info.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 10:58 AM
Anon

Westin St. John? It would help a lot to put a location.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 11:18 AM
John

If I'm not mistaken the only way you could've seen my post is if you were in the Grand Cayman forum. If it shows up in other forums, I didn't realize that it was able to, and if it does, I don't know why this site allows it to do so. I'm speaking of the Westin in Grand Cayman.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 12:00 PM
Anon

Hummm...it's showing up on the General Caribbean forum.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 12:03 PM
xxx

Hey John,<BR>If you expect people to help you out at this forum, you might want to lose the attitude.<BR>You are the one requesting information, you could be nice, you know.<BR>Please post your island location w/each post, they all show up in the general forum.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 12:15 PM
anon

John, you're not the first to make that mistake. This is a general Caribbean forum. You can also filter by island and search the archives.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 12:29 PM
John

Hmmmm. I did post my island location with my original post. How can you possibly think I have an attitude problem by my response. I didn't say anything wrong, call anyone names or have a bad tone. I simply stated that I thought the Grand Cayman forum was the only place to see my post and didn't know why the site would post it anywhere else. I apologize to anyone I may have offended. Thanks for the advice. But now I have some advice for you. Before you tell someone to "lose the attitude", you better make sure they have one before you start something that you don't want to start. Sounds like to me you just interpreted the message that way and didn't bother to read it in a more positive way. You just automatically thought that I had an attitude with my response. That's sad, because look at the way you responded to me. That happens often so my advice to you would be to be more careful in how you interpret other messages. People may not have the tone that you think they have.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 12:38 PM
anon

John, you just proved xxx was right about the attitude thing.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 12:41 PM
Pete

Yeah, John. You didn't put in a location and then tried to blame the system. Then you fire off a giant paragraph about not having an attitude!

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Missy

Fourth or fifth floor(top) to clear the palms but know that it's not truely oceanfront but more like poolfront. Have stayed in all different ones(island, oceanview and oceanfront). Benefit to upgrading from islandview is you get balcony(a couple islandview have balconies but that's just a fluke. Oceanview may look out onto fence or restaurant top. All luck of the draw. My kids like the oceanfront so they can see whose out and about. Have fun!

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 12:52 PM
John

I highlighted Grand Cayman after I typed my name and e-mail in. I figured it would automatically go in the Grand Cayman forum. When I responded to Anon I simply explained that I didn't know why the site would allow it go somewhere else and then said I was speaking of the Westin in Grand Cayman. The next post I get is from someone who said I had an attitude problem. And now everyone is mad at me for telling xxx that I think he or she iterpreted me wrong and for blaming the system?!?! Have you people stopped and read any of your responses yet? And you're telling me I have an attitude problem? Maybe you should start over at the top of the page and put yourself in my position.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 12:59 PM
Anon

John, your post did have a little attitude to it. I was the one who originally responded though and I overlooked it. Don't let these people bother you.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 01:03 PM
John

Thanks Anon. I apologize again if you took it that way. In no way did I intend to have an attitude. This site has great information and I've never had a problem. Thanks again.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 01:13 PM
Pete

One nice thing about the oceanfront rooms that are really poolfront is that at night the pool is lit so the night view is nice. There are many palm trees around the pool so view of the ocean is luck of the draw. Top floor oceanfront might be best bet if a view is important. There are a few oceanfront suites that are right on the beach not overlooking the pool if cost is not a factor. The furniture on the balconies is wrought iron and not very comfortable.

Old Feb 7th, 2002, 01:23 PM
John

Thanks for the info Missy and Pete. I'm thinking I'll request a 4th or 5th floor room since the view of the ocean is important to us.

Old Feb 10th, 2002, 04:24 PM
s

If you are a beach person rather than a pool person, make sure you ask to be away from the pool...many of the ocean view rooms are actually in a U around the pool...they play cheezy American pop music ALL DAY LONG at the pool!!! Ask to be on the outside of the pool U if you want the beach thing without the pool thing!

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 07:46 AM
Ed

John, <BR>Just a suggestion: For probably a LOT less then the cost of an oceanfront Westin room, you could find a (true) oceanfront condo that would be twice the size, and just as nice. If you are traveling with family, a condo is the way to go in GC. The westin is without a doubt one of the nicer hotels, but way overpriced compared to the 100's of beautiful condo choices. I mistake we will never make again!!

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 08:40 AM
John

Ed - Believe me, the thought has gone through my mind to stay in a condo but I'm worried about not having the luxuries of staying at a big resort, i.e. fitness center, spa, pool. What do you think?

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 09:07 AM
xxx

John,<BR>Consider how often you will use those amenities. Most condos have decent pools. You can use all hotel restaurants even if you are not a guest. You can probably also get spa treatments or a day pass to the fitness center-call the Westin or Hyatt and ask.<BR><BR>There is a World Gym, Gold's Gym, and a few others that may sell day passes. Tons of day spas also on the island. Not as convenient but not as $$$. Go to www.ecayman.com for phone numbers.

Old Feb 11th, 2002, 11:10 AM
tom

who wants the hassle of all that when on vacation. to have all of the facilities you want right at your resort is worth the extra $$$.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -