Reload this Page >

NO TAN-LINES...how, where?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2000, 06:31 AM
piper

My husband and I have done the cruises and the resorts. Now, we're ready to have the privacy,the serenity, the Caribbean but don't want to bring home tan lines, if you know what I mean. Not into the Hedonism thing, nightlife or crowds-- just privacy and nature! We're flexible with travel dates.

Old Jun 30th, 2000, 06:54 AM
Bex

Check out www.castawaystravel.com they specialize in C/O vacations

Old Jun 30th, 2000, 12:02 PM
Nurse Ratchet

Eleuthera of course! Rent a villa on Double Bay or North Palmetto Point...we didn't see others for five days straight! And there was pink sand!

Old Jun 30th, 2000, 03:57 PM
parrotfish

Any of the resorts in Negril, Jamaica offer nude beaches - Grand Lido is extremely nice [priced to match] but may suit you. There is a Sandals in Negril and also a couples only resort called Swept Away that is bigger into watersports and sports in general than parties. However you will probably not find any nude beaches in other areas in Jamaica - limited to Negril. <BR> <BR>Another option might be Orient Beach in St Martin [the French side] - I have no personal experience with any resorts there but have heard good things. At LeSport on St Lucia there is a nude sunbathing area above the spa [spa services included in the price] but no nudity on the beach. <BR> <BR>Basically any island with French heritage [St Martin, Martinique, Guadelope, etc] will have nude public beaches, but St Martin is probably most tourist-friendly for Americans. British and Spanish heritage areas generally will prohibit nudity on public beaches altho some resorts may have some limited areas allowing nudity - this area may or may not be on the beach.

Old Jul 2nd, 2000, 08:11 PM
Keely

Cutlass Bay Club is a clothing-optional resort on Cat Island in the Bahamas that sounds interesting and discreet. I haven't been there but have looked into it. Their web site is cutlass-bay.com. One thing to beware of is their very strict cancellation policy - they want you to pay up front, but if you cancel within 30 days of your trip, you forfeit 50%.

Old Jul 5th, 2000, 05:33 AM
Sherri

You can go to alot of the beaches on St Martin and be isolated from others. Most of the women do go topless on St Martin since it is a french island but you can also go just about anywhere and take off your clothes without anyone saying anything. Enjoy!

Old Jul 5th, 2000, 07:19 AM
Piper

Thanks all for your great insight and ideas! We'd never really considered a C/O resort but it seems there are some good ones worth looking into--- Eleuthera sounds promising (and close to us here in Florida). Thanks for the help, fellow-sunworshippers!