NEW YEARS EVE

Oct 26th, 2006, 03:48 AM
Original Poster

NEW YEARS EVE

Hi

My wife and I will be in Tortola for New (Old) Years Eve. We will be staying in Cane Garden Bay. We will have a rental car. Any suggestions for a New Years Eve celebration. Would it be worth it to take the ferry over to Jost Van Dyke to go to Foxy's?

Thanks for your help.
Oct 26th, 2006, 04:29 AM

Since it is rated as the third best New Years celebration in the world, why not?
http://www.foxysbar.com/oldyears.html
RL
Oct 26th, 2006, 06:27 AM
Original Poster

Foxy's sounds like the place. Do you know what the Ferry schedule is that night? How is the beach BBQ? Should we make reservations?

Thanks
Oct 27th, 2006, 03:23 AM

I think that when they put in the 2006 info the ferry information would be there. I know the ferries run quite often that night. Can't help you with the food.

RL
Jul 29th, 2007, 07:42 PM

Couple questions about Foxy's "Old Year's Eve"...
1. In the pics I have seen, people looked dressed up. Is this typical? I guess being at such a laid back place, it didn't dawn on me that people would dress up...
2. Do people head back to the other islands at 3am, etc..or do they wait til morning? And if they wait til morning does everyone just stay up all night, or what? Just trying to figure all this out..I know there are a ton of people there,etc
Aug 2nd, 2007, 08:55 PM

anyone??
Aug 3rd, 2007, 06:29 AM

It's difficult to get back to other islands at 3AM. Most ferries, water taxis and private boaters will not travel at night and the bareboat charter companies prohibit sailing at night.

At the end of the evening most locals go back home or to a friend's house and most tourists go back to their hotel rooms or boats for some much needed rest. I guess a few people may stay awake all night but I've never been able to last that long so I can't say for sure.

As for people's attire, I don't know what pictures you are referring to so I can't comment on what you mean by "looking dressed up". Obviously people where clothes.
Aug 3rd, 2007, 01:30 PM

LOL...No, I had seen some pics but maybe they were labeled wrong or something..the women were wearing nice dresses, etc..Seemed a little "dressy" for Foxy's..but didn't know..
Hmm..guess I better try to find a hotel for that night..Any suggestions? Sandcastle is booked already, I would imagine most other places will be too...; (
Aug 4th, 2007, 05:39 AM

The ferry boats run back to St Thomas, St John, and Tortola at appointed times. You dress how you feel.

RL
Aug 6th, 2007, 07:24 PM

since there aren't many accomodations available any time of the year on Jost, don't be surprised to find all are booked for new years ! for one night, to my knowledge it possibly would be Ivans Campgrounds/cabins on White Bay. of course you could just stay on tortola ...plan to go to Quitos/Cane Garden Bay. there'll be plenty happening there, great music,people,food etc....good party ! gee..you might even be able to walk home !!! where in cane garden are you staying ?
Aug 7th, 2007, 05:24 AM

I have got to agree with Tess...although NYE at Foxy's is one of those dream events, I cannot imagine the amount of people and chaos there ...we talk about going, but...
If you are already on CGB...Quito's will be a blast, I'm sure! We were there in Jan and had so much fun there on just a normal night.
I do not think you can find accomodations at this point on JVD
Aug 7th, 2007, 08:40 AM

I guess I sort of crashed the OP's thread, but it was posted a year ago so I don't think he will mind.
I too am staying on Tortola, but at Spyglass Villa, I believe on West end??
Any advice, things to do, etc appreciated..Our group is set on Foxy's NYE so we will be doing that, but the rest of the week is open. Will probably do the Baths, St John, etc..
Aug 7th, 2007, 09:47 AM

Does anyone know of any links that would give a schedule of events for the week of Thanksgiving. We will be on St Thomas/St John and would really like to know what days they offer entertainment at the bars, including Jost Van Dyke.