Reload this Page >

Nevis vs. Turks & Caicos(Provo)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2002, 12:51 PM
Claire

My husband & I are planning a short trip (4 nights) to either T&C or Nevis in March. We want great diving & great restuarants. What about places to stay?

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 01:12 PM
Penney

Turks has the Great Wall which is supposed to be wonderful for diving. It is a pritected reef barrier.<BR><BR>WE did not stay here but toured Coral Gardens and met with the owner. Absolutely wonderful! Beautiful in every manner and truely a peaceful environment. There is a small restaurant there but the accomondation do have fully stocked kitchens you so can bring in food.

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 03:09 PM
Penney

That is suppose to be "protected" reef - type to fast for correct spelling!

Old Jan 3rd, 2002, 05:59 PM
anon

You aren't going to find lots of great dining on Provo in the Turks and Caicos. Sorry. Diving, yes. Dining, no.

Old Jan 4th, 2002, 09:06 AM
John

I was on Provo in December. I had some great meals and some average meals. It depends on where you go. My choices would be:<BR><BR>Coco Bistro<BR>Hemingway's on the Beach at the Sands<BR>Mango Reef at the Royal West Indies

Old Feb 20th, 2002, 06:34 AM
iggymask

Hi Claire,<BR><BR>I've been to both. T & C has great diving, beautiful pristine beaches, and not much else. I stayed at Parrot Cay, which was utterly gorgeous. My sense of Provo was that a lot of the hotels are in the same class--nice, fairly upscale. I don't know much about dining since I was at an all-inclusive. The food at Parrot Cay was generally excellent, with a few hit-or-miss dishes. <BR><BR>Nevis--a much more tropical island. Pinney's beach didn't do a lot for me, but the beach at the Nisbet Plantation was fantastic.<BR><BR>The diving is nowhere near in the same class as Turks and Caicos, unless you make your way to Saba--no easy task. <BR>The food on Nevis was variable. The best restaurants are at the 4 seasons and at Nisbet Plantation. Some of the smaller non-hotel restaurants were pretty good, but none were exceptional. <BR>HTH, <BR>bill