Reload this Page >

negril vs. ochos rios; sandals vs. superclubs

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 09:24 AM
cindy sharp

(I reposted this message -- hopefully this is the correct forum; I apologize, I've never done this before!) <BR> <BR>My hubby-to-be and I are planning our honeymoon in early Dec 2001 and have narrowed our options down between Negril and Ochos Rios, Jamiaca. However, we're still undecided between Superclubs (Grand Lido Negril) and Sandals. In Ochos Rios, the same dilemna: we're thinking of Grand Lido Sans Souci or the new Sandals property, Beaches Royal Plantation. We're both in our late 30's and would enjoy golf (he's very good, I'm just a beginner), snorkeling, scuba (I'm certified, he is not), swimming in the ocean, waterskiing (neither one of us has tried this), and just lounging on the beach "vegging out." Good food and being pampered are important as well. The night-life (i.e. dancing, partying, etc) aren't that important (seeing as I how I can rarely stay up past 10 or 11 pm!). <BR> <BR>Any comments on the two locations (Negril or Ochos Rios) would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anybody has any preferences between Superclubs and Sandals, especially the new Beaches Royal Plantation, that would be fabulous as well. We like the idea of staying at one and playing at the others (with respect to the Sandals properties), but it seems that Superclubs has gotten very good ratings from AAA (4 diamond resort ratings!). We plan to have a long honeymoon (2 weeks), so we don't know if staying at the Superclubs, whether we'd "run out" of things to do at just one location (I'm more concerned with the energizer bunny I'm marrying -- me, I'd be happy with a good book, endless cocktails and my own lounge chair on the ocean for 2 weeks). <BR> <BR>Thanks alot and I look forward to your comments and suggestions!! <BR>

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 10:52 AM
Kim

I will reply again as I made some boo boos the first time. Ochos Rios is a beautiful spot. You have to do Dunn River Falls. Negril has better beaches but the bus ride from Montego Bay to Negril will kill you. There is lots to do in Ochos Rios you will not be bored in 2 weeks.<BR>

Old Apr 1st, 2001, 06:27 PM
Wanda

Congrats on your marriage...my husband and I got married in Negril in 1993. We, unfortunately, did not do an all inclusive and it was a horrible experience! From the airport until we arrived safely home, we were counting the days... although the scenery is breathtaking, the people were so poor, rude and greedy that we counted the days until the week was over. I'd go anywhere, but there <BR>Best of luck!

Old Apr 2nd, 2001, 05:54 PM
Tara

Hi, Congrats on your upcoming wedding! My husband &amp; I stayed at the SanSouci for our honeymoon, Aug '97 and absolutely loved it! They treat you like royalty, each day you choose a spa treatment. The staff is wonderful and there are many things/trips/excursions. I am not sure but I thought that Superclubs offered a "sampler" splitting time between Negril and Ocho Rios. I highly recommend!

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 06:03 AM
Tom

since you are consiering Negril, you should consider Swept Away, an excellent all-inclusive with a healthy twist. Your husband will love it--the golf is free!

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 08:56 PM
Jerry

I think Tara has a great suggestion, Grandlido Negril and GrandLido San Souci would make a great sampler, we where at Breezes Runaway Bay and are loking forward to a next trip at one of the Lido's, We never got bored with 9 night (10 full days at Breezes), they do a wonderful job of providing activties or just relaxing.

Old Apr 3rd, 2001, 10:11 PM
srweb00

Me and my wife are going to GLN in July does anyone know how the weather and water is in July.<BR><BR>All replies are appriciated.<BR><BR>srweb00