Reload this Page >

Negril A/I hotel options

Search

Negril A/I hotel options

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2000, 11:40 AM
Dizzi

Negril A/I hotel options

Hi! Just returned from Ocho Rios 2 weeks ago & already planning return trip in 2001, but wanna hit Negril this time. Any suggestions for an all-inclusive that has nightly entertainment, nice beach & area nightlife? We're a couple & can deal w/kids, but want a hotel that is known for having couples/singles as well, not just families. We want something along the lines of Jamaica Grande & their prices! Sandals, Couples & Grand Lido are too expensive for us, unfortunately. Am I asking too much or does this hotel exist??? Any help would be appreciated & thanks! <BR> <BR>

Old Jun 19th, 2000, 07:03 AM
Negril Jill

You might want to look into Negril Inn. This is a small all-inclusive that has its loyal following. Rooms are apparently nothing to write home about, but the price can't be beat. Hotel has a very nice beach, is right in the middle of the beach, and I think they have nightly, or at least frequent, entertainment and are close to bars and clubs, so you can find SOMETHING going on any night. <BR> <BR>Negril Inn caters to couples, singles and families. <BR> <BR>For more, see: <BR> <BR>http://www.wheretostay.com/islands/resorts/629.html <BR> <BR>http://www.magicvacation.com/package.../negrilinn.htm

Old Jun 20th, 2000, 03:53 AM
Will

Yes, Negril is really nice, but many of those resorts are expensive. If it helps, Couples/Swept Away are having a 4 for 3 sale at the moment. If you go off-season, the total price is not so bad. <BR> <BR>You may also try the vacation finder at www.tourscan.com. Note that as of a couple of days ago, their vacation finder did not work with Netscape. You may need to give them a call if you don't have access to an IE browser. <BR> <BR>Lastly, you may check out Merril's Beach Resort and Daniel Beach Village. I know nothing about them other than they exist and claim to be AI, so do your research carefully. You could also try the Charela Inn with a MAP plan. I've read several good trip reports about the Charela. <BR> <BR>If you find a good, inexpensive resort on Negril Beach, please share the knowledge with the rest of us! Good luck! <BR>

Old Jun 23rd, 2000, 10:18 AM
Negril Jill

I stayed at Merril's I in July 1998. Merril's is a nice, if spartan, little hotel. The "A/I" package is merely a meal/drinks plan....3 buffet meals/day, coffee hour, local drinks from 10 AM to 9 PM. But it's only $30 a day, so you can still venture out without feeling you wasted your money. <BR> <BR>Merril's II was recently completed and has a pool. Both properties have a great beach location. <BR> <BR>http://www.merrilsbeach.com/ <BR> <BR>Daniel Beach Village is across the street from the beach.

Old Jul 10th, 2000, 03:34 PM
ohliz

Negril is one of the places in Jamaica where staying at an A/I is, in my opinion, a waste of money. Negril is the friendliest, easiest to walk around (the 7 mile beach is public) place I've been to in my 5 JA trips. The bars and restaurants are great and lively, everything is a walk or cheap cab ride away, many, many tourists do NOT stay in A/I's so you'll meet locals and tourists and ex-pat Americans all over the place. Montego Bay doesn't have too much to do outside the resorts but in Negril, most of the fun stuff is NOT at the A/I's. <BR> <BR Liz

Old Jul 12th, 2000, 08:18 AM
Diane

Well said, Liz...we love Negril's smaller hotels and there are some places we just HAVE to hit everytime. If we aren't staying at Charela Inn, we'll eat there. The Monday night live jazz dinner is really delightful. Of course, Alfreds, DeBuss and Risky Business on live concert nights are musts. There's a super-new concert venue opening up on the cliffs this winter. I can't imagine going all-inclusive when there are lovely places like Charela Inn and Coco La Palm on the beach and Rockhouse and Tensing Pen on the cliffs. And it really is amazingly easy to get around, by foot or by taxi. With the money you save NOT staying at an AI, you can arrange for a driver all week, and any number of snorkel or dive trips and excursions to YS Falls, etc.