Search

need lots of help :(

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need lots of help :(

My Fiancee and I are taking a 7 day vacation, alone without kids We could not get our first choice, which was Secrets Excellence (punta cana) so now we dont know what to do. We are looking to go the second week in August. I would like to go back to Mexico, we stayed at and got engaged at Secrets Capri last year, and absolutley loved it. But I feel like there is so many other places to see and experience. I would like to go to Jamaica, Punta Cana, or back to Mexico. We even thought about Secrets Excellence (mexico). We are looking for adults only, or a least 16 and over. We are looking for somewhere that has a beautiful beach and some outside the resort activities. We are going on this trip for the romance and peace and quiet. The only other thing that concerns us is Hurricane Season. I dont want to go on vacation to have to sit in the room because of the Hurricanes. Can anyone advise me to what they think would be our best choices. Thanks
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 04:32 PM

Suggestion: Go to the website differentworld.com.
They specialize in romantic resorts in Mexico and have a wonderful website with lots of pictures that give you a really good idea of what each resort is like. They also organize the site according to a map of Mexico, which is really helpful if there are certain coasts that are more accessible to you depending on where you're flying from. There are lots of off-the-beaten-track places too, not just beach resorts.

Another amazing site is roadslesstaken.com. Their categories do all the work for you -- they sort resorts according to part of the world, most romantic, most luxurious, most exotic, award-winners, best for couples, best for family, etc., etc. -- and they have good descriptions and pictures you sometimes won't find anywhere else.
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 04:36 PM

P.S. One more good resource is wheretostay.com. Their travelers' reviews, positive and negative, are very helpful.
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 07:57 PM

Aruba is out of the hurricane zone.
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 08:01 PM

I was going to suggest www.where2stay.com as well, a great resource for anything carribean.

Also check with a local travel agent on package deals that are available and make sure you get travel insurance since it will be hurricane season.

All that said you also might try these 2 resorts on Harbour Island both do not take kids. Both are small and intimate with 10 rooms and both overlook the water with a lovely pool/deck area and have wonderful restaurants on site.

www.runawayhill.com
www.rockhousebahamas.com
Old Jun 26th, 2006, 09:42 AM

Since you are not averse to jamaica, I strongly recommend Sandals Whitehouse. Remote and romantic.....huge beach and plenty of options for activities. You can be as isolated adnd laid back or as busy and involved as you want. The place is beautiful!