Reload this Page >

Need info on Montego Bay - Jamaica

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 01:24 PM
G

Looking for any information on the Wyndham Rose Hall resort??

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 03:57 PM
bob

have been reading posts on frommers jamaica site and most of the reports are bad. bad food, bad service and bad attitude

Old Mar 26th, 2001, 07:54 PM
joyce

Went there for honeymoon 10 years ago and was a disaster. Too close to the horrible airport, food made us very sick for days, very college-like atmosphere (beach olympics, toga night, etc). Not the romantic getaway we expected. Would not return to Jamaica.

Old Mar 27th, 2001, 06:23 AM
Mark

Try the Jamica Grande in Ocho Rios. We wnet in January and had a fabulous time. Great food, excellent ngith entertainment, clean,a nd a safe resort. We had a great time there. My suggestion though would be to pay the $99 extra per son and fly from Monetego Bay to Ocho Rios. The bus transfer from MB to Ocho Rios is about 2 1/2 hours, is bumpy, and not pleasant. <BR> <BR>Mark <BR>enjoyyourtravel.com

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 07:33 AM
SML

We just returned from Jamaica-Montego Bay. Stayed at the Holiday Inn Sunspree. Our first experience in the Caribbean-loved it. We took our 3 children(11,9,3). We too heard horrible stories before we left and have also since returning. Use common sense. The resort was very safe, the food was great being all-inclusive with kids. Great pool, beach was right outside from our building. Hotel shuttled us into town for 2 hours(that was a fantastic experience for myself and my kids). We felt safe. However, we stayed right at the resort the whole time. The hotel was very friendly with us.

Old Apr 21st, 2001, 12:49 PM
nancy

we stayed at the coyaba beach hotel a few years ago and it was lovely. it's one of the hotels on the elegant small hotels list. it was small but very pretty--reminded us of what a cuban plantation setting might have looked like. we were catered to by the owners and staff. small but very nice beach with wait service while you lounge...

Old Apr 23rd, 2001, 03:01 PM
Gerry K

I stayed at the Wyndham Rose Hall <BR>in November and enjoyed it very much. <BR>It has been refurbished recently, and <BR>everything was attractive: my room, <BR>the pool area, the flowered exterior. <BR>The "river pool" -- I believe it's <BR>called, "Sugar Mill," -- is one of the <BR>nicest I've ever seen. Staff were quite <BR>nice also. The beach was a bit murky, <BR>so few people used it, but the beach- <BR>side water activities were great fun, <BR>and popular with the guests. <BR> <BR>GK <BR>and

Old Apr 24th, 2001, 05:41 PM
April

I thought the location was bad. Wouldn't stay there again. In fact, I probably wouldn't go to Montego Bay again.