Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Need ideas for best Caribbean Honeymoon spot in Mid-May 2011.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fiance and I are trying to determine where to go on our honeymoon next May. We live in Virginia and don't want to spend too much time on a plane to get to our destination (I was pushing for Hawaii, but too far for a 6 day trip). We've each been to Bahamas and Jamiaca, but we'd like to go someplace new -- the perfect honeymoon beach escape. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 03:15 PM

My husband and I just returned from Turks and Caicos. We LOVED IT!!! We are already planning another trip (maybe next year). The beaches and the water are like no other! We stayed in Provo. The summer is the off season so you can get rooms at a reduced rate or a free night. We flew out of Charlotte and it was a piece of cake! The flight was just under 3 hours and customs was a breeze. We were there from Wed-Mon. It's quiet and peaceful, but not so much where you feel you are the only one. You might want to research these islands if you want a great and memorable honeymoon. Take a look in the Turks and Caicos forum- I posted info regarding our trip.
Good luck in your travels!
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 03:23 PM

So, I'm guessing that maybe Nevis and the Grenadines would also be a no? What about the USVI? Close by and nice beaches. They also have some restaurants that you could have some nice dinners at. Tavern on the Waterfront is one I would recommend. It's a fine dining type of place in Charlotte Amalie and - as the names says - on the waterfront. The food has a french flair and price is in the $$ price range. You could stay for the nightclub afterwards and dance. Makes for a romantic night. They also have a martini bar with their specialty vodka's. Oh, and they have award winning house ribs.

There are restaurant guides that offer coupons where you can get a complimentry glass of Remy Martin or whatever they offer at many restaurants, so they are worth looking for, as well.
Old Jul 21st, 2010, 06:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for your replies, NJRoberts and Knowing. Turks and Caicos and USVI both sound like really good ideas... I've heard some great things about both. I'm going to check them out. Thanks again.
Old Jul 22nd, 2010, 04:16 AM

For a honeymoon look at Turks & Caicos and The Somerset resort www.thesomerset.com beautiful condo style resort, excellent beachfront, wonderful staff, great food on site and within walking distance.
Old Jul 22nd, 2010, 12:12 PM
Original Poster

Thanks again, all. We've decided on Turks & Caicos... Ahh...Lovely anticipation!