Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

NEED HELP - Carribean Honeymoon location???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13th, 2000, 02:23 PM
Anthony

I'm lost... Need Help! <BR> <BR>It's my job to book the honeymoon...Not so bad since she's handling the wedding plans for the most part. <BR> <BR>We are going in December 2001 so I've got some time. I'd like to stay for at least 10 maybe 14 days. <BR> <BR>This is what I'm looking for in order of importance greatest to least: <BR> <BR>1. Carribean Island (Can't really stand to fly to Hawaii or South Pacific) <BR>2. Really Great Hotel or Resort (this is the big question. All inclusive or not?) Aneminties and service must be top notch either way! <BR>3. Beachfront Room w/roomservice <BR>3. Safety (English speaking would be nice but not mandatory) <BR>4. Private pool or jacuzzi <BR>5. Beauitiful beaches (not too crowded, I don't mind seeing other couples, but I don't want to be trampled on. I get enough of that at the northeast beaches) <BR>6. Good food <BR>7. Snorkeling, some water sports or activities, maybe jeep rental to explore? <BR> <BR>I can afford to spend about $8,000 to $10,000. <BR> <BR>So far I'm thinking either some well known hotel on Grand Caymen or whichever Sandles resort is best? I'm just not sure?? <BR> <BR>Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Old Sep 13th, 2000, 02:33 PM
Arubasun.

<BR> <BR>Again Costa Linda Beach Resort in Aruba sounds like the place to be for you. The have the widest expanse of white sandy beach and it is really uncrowded. By the Aruba is very beautiful during the X-mas season with many decoration lights and food. The Costa Linda does have a private jacuzzi in your own roon balcony all for your self. I would advice you to book well in advance if you do want to come in December as it is the high season in the Caribbean and many hotels are booked out..so be early. <BR> <BR>What ever your decision may be, I hope you enjoy your honeymoon. <BR> <BR>Check out the Costa Linda site: www.costalinda.com <BR> <BR>If you have any other question please e-mail me.. <BR> <BR>Sunny Regards, <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 13th, 2000, 02:40 PM
Josie

<BR>Anthony, 10K? Will you marry ME instead? : - ) <BR> <BR>Look at St. Lucia. Ladera (heaven) is wonderful, with private plunge pools, stunning views. It's not beachfront, so maybe you could split your stay between Ladera & Anse Chastenet. <BR> <BR>Lots of posts on Ladera here; just do a search. <BR> <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Sep 13th, 2000, 02:44 PM
Arubasun.

<BR>I forgot to help you out in basic points that mentioned. 4 languages are spoken in general by the Aruban people, including English. The all inclusive plan in Aruba is good, but is not worth it for the simple fact that there are so many outstanding restaurants on the island. So you can go all inclusive, but you will be missing out on some great restaurants, especially the flying fishbone which is a romantic restaurant near the beach side at Savaneta, your dining table is near the beach and you can enjoy each other while you watch the sun set on the horizon, with the crashing of the waves on shore. <BR> <BR>The rooms at the Costa Linda are top and I consider them to be one of the best on the island. The rooms are fully equiped with its own kitch roomy balcony nicely decorated interior. Costa Linda is not a crowded hotel and is located in the low rise hotel area. <BR> <BR>You will also find in abondant of water sport activities on the island. ranging from jest skis, wind surfing, kayacking, bananaboat, water ski ect.. <BR> <BR>Hope this helps you a bit..

Old Sep 13th, 2000, 03:19 PM
Karen

Plenty of options out there! If it is all inclusive that you want, try a look-see at Jumby Bay off the coast of Antigua. Altho I enjoy Pond Bay suites there are Pond Bay villas that have a shared pool and each of the "townhouses" has a least a plunge pool! Wonderful beach and really top notch! www.bestresorts.com has some wonderful pix of some of the wonderful Caribb spots also. The problem I am having with suggestions is the request for a plunge pool - since I only know beaches! I know that Cap Juluca (Anguilla) had several suites with them but with their rebuilding I am not sure what they have planned.

Old Sep 13th, 2000, 04:06 PM
Ed

Look into Anguilla ,Cap juluca is stunning.They do and will have pool <BR>suites-very pricey but very special.

Old Sep 13th, 2000, 05:59 PM
waggie

Check out the Westin on Grand Cayman. Right on beach. Super ratings. Expensive, but you can afford it with your budget. GC is clean, no crime, great restaurants and snorkeling. Book it and have a ball!

Old Sep 13th, 2000, 06:29 PM
Jackson

Sandals St. Lucia Golf Resort & Spa stay in the new suites on the bluffs by far. Awsome with you own plung pool and very private.Its the most beautiful place so private, yet still close to have fun with the other people at the resort, a must!

Old Sep 13th, 2000, 07:30 PM
nancy

Anthony, <BR>My husband and I enjoyed Tobago, and St. Vincent, but we have not been there in over 17yrs, so things may have changed. <BR>Also, don't know much about resorts because we rented houses in both places. <BR>But the islands were really beautiful! <BR>goodluck, and enjoy where ever you go! <BR>nancy

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 03:13 AM
Papaya Pie

<BR>Hello Anthony. <BR>For a truly first class, romantic vacation, you can't beat Bermuda's cottage colonies. It will be a little cooler in Dec, but just light the fireplace & snuggle up. Bermuda has the best service and food we've ever found. It's safe & clean with an extremely high standard of living. We love it off season - the crowds are gone & your dollar goes twice as far. You can't rent a vehicle, but mopeds are available, or with that kind of budget, taxis will be no problem. <BR> <BR>Not in the Caribbean either, & I've not been there, but several couple friends honeymooned on Catalina Island off the California coast & their photos & stories are to die for. You might check that out too while you're researching. <BR> <BR>~PP

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 12:47 PM
Sandra

Anthony, <BR> <BR>I would recommend St. Lucia also. I went there this past July for my honeymoon and loved it! We stayed at Anse Chastanet, but they don't have the private pools or jacuzzi's but you might want to check out ladera. I think all their rooms have private plunge pools. But it's not on the beach they shuttle them to Anse Chastanets and the Hilton's beach. But I've heard it's great, there have been alot of rave reviews on that place here. <BR>But St. Lucia was a truly beautiful island that's for sure... <BR> <BR>Whatever you decide I'm sure you'll have a great time. Good luck!

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 02:47 PM
Penny

Hi Anthony I just posted a report to the wrong honeymooner at Loosing my mind can"t deceide Honeymoon-I wrote about Cap juluca and Jumby. Please go to Josh"s site as it was in response to you. I am sorry for the confusion!! <BR>Penny <BR> <BR>