Search

Need for bug spray

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 02:40 PM
kaybee

Need for bug spray

I hear talk that bug spray is needed. When, where and what kind? Will need info for the next 3 weeks. Thanx

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 02:54 PM
Cheri

You talking insect repellant or RAID kind of spray? We use OFF, it works well for repelling, contrary to popular opinion Skin So SOft on me is a mosquito magnet! <BR> <BR>I have carried a can of RAID in my carry on to several islands and have only really needed it once.

Old Mar 16th, 2001, 03:16 PM
Karen

I never leave home without it!! The worst that happens is that where you are going you won't need it. I find Skin so Soft very effective but others prefer Cutter's, Off and the bug repellents containing higher levels of Deet. Early morning and evening are the worst but depending on wind and weather, it can be a feeding frenzy for the no see 'em!

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 07:41 AM
Dave

American Airlines (and I suspect others) prohibits room spray cans in your baggage. Ours was confiscated in Miami. We carried a cream repellant for our skin, which was sufficient for us.

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 10:50 AM
Cheri

We have never had a problem with aerosol cans in our carry ons. When did they start this?

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 12:30 PM
Karen

In December was the first time that I ran into this. No aerosol cans, matches, lighters and a few other items (I think charcoal lighter fluid was on the list - duh!) were "outlawed" according to the AA desk in STT. They also prohibit any 151 rum or anything over 140 proof because it is flammable! They made everyone open the booze boxes and checked 'em! In February, they didn't even ask but we were coming from Barbados!

Old Mar 17th, 2001, 02:29 PM
travelingirl

I ran into this leaving Cancun about 5 years ago. I had deoderant in an aerosol can in my carryon and they made me take it out and throw it away in front of them!