Need Exotic Honeymoon Location

Old Jan 15th, 1999, 01:04 PM
Renee

Need Exotic Honeymoon Location

I'm looking for a tropical honeymoon location in late Sept. We've done little traveling besides Hawaii and Mexico and want something new. We are on a budget of $4,000 for the entire trip- traveling from CA. Something beautiful, with snorkeling and golf. We're in our early 30's. Any advice would be great.

Old Jan 15th, 1999, 03:02 PM
Leslie

I think you would like St. Lucia....many people say that this tropical island has many of the same "characteristics" of a little Hawaii. It too is a volcanic island, with beautiful flora and fauna. You truly feel like you are in paradise. It is a very natural, lush and green island without the "touristy feel" of many of the overdone islands in the Caribbean. The whole interior of the island is rainforest, and the landscape consists of this rainforest; mountains (famous twin Piton mountains); secluded beaches of light brown to black sand........the list goes on. There is even a "drive-in" volcano you can visit and a beautiful botanical garden with the Diamond Waterfall. We spent our honeymoon here, and truly felt we were at the most romantic spot in the world.

Re: your budget and golf. For $4000/ we went to Sandals Halycon all inclusive resort and just loved it. It was everything the brochures for Sandals promise + more. If you'd like more details on our stay, I can email you my trip report: just email me at [email protected]
There are 2 Sandals on St. Lucia and Halcyon is the smaller, more laid back of the 2: perfect for honeymooners, in my opinion. Golf is included in your package and you can go as many times as you'd like. The golf course is located at the Larger Sandals LA TOC resort (only 15 minute shuttle from Halcyon resort)

Old Mar 9th, 1999, 06:35 PM
Vicki

Since you are in California maybe you should consider Fiji, and incredible tropical experience and maybe within your price range. Its certainly worth a look. Contact me if I can help...

Old Apr 21st, 1999, 09:37 AM
george s.

TRY BORA-BORA. One of the most beautiful islands on the planet.Perfect for honeymoon.

Old Apr 21st, 1999, 09:52 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Look into Bali, Indonesia. I understand that there are some great four + five star bargains over there these days.

Old Apr 21st, 1999, 10:53 AM
Louis

Check out http://www.bulafiji.com. This is within your budget including air from LAX if you are thinking a a one week trip. You might look at http://www.MatagiIsland.com and http://www.Marlinbay.com these are two lovely places with good 7 day packages with air. I would not bother with golf on Fiji. There are courses on Viti Leva but golf is not the feature of Fiji. We are leaving for Fiji May 1 again. If golf is a must then the Hawaii is your best bet.