Search

Need a recommendation

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need a recommendation

Hi, We are taking off 4 nights in early december and would like a recommendation for a carribean vacation - ideally remote, good snorkeling, easy to get to from NYC so there's not too much travelling time. Originally i was considering Vieques since it's remote, but now I think that i'm ok with something that is more "resort-y" in nature and requires less planning/effort (i.e. ferry, flights, car rental, etc). The DR is a little too much of that, but what about a more remote location in Jamaica?

Any thoughts/ideas much appreciated.
Old Nov 9th, 2005, 12:54 PM

For good snorkeling and easy flights, check out Grand Cayman (you don't have to stay right on 7-mile beach), Tortola (you can ferry over from St. Thomas), St. John (ditto). Other islands offer good snorkeling but take much longer to get to. Being willing to take a connecting flight will increase your options. Turks & Caicos may be a little chilly for you at that time of year, but I believe you can fly there nonstop from NYC area and it offers nice snorkeling.
Old Nov 9th, 2005, 12:55 PM

Although Jamaica isn't known for its snorkeling, there are some less touristed areas there that are definitely worth taking the time to see. There's the Treasure Beach community on the south coast and Port Antonio onthe east coast for starters.
Old Nov 9th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the info. i didn't realize that some places might be too chilly in early december, so that's helpful to know!
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 02:36 PM

try Virgin Gorda little Dix Bay resort