Reload this Page >

Need a Fabulous Recommendation!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 12:02 PM
Charlene

In November, I'm taking my husband on a surprise trip somewhere, I just don't know where to go. We live on the East Coast and only want to be gone for about 4 days. He loves the beaches and night life. I've been thinking of Punta Cana, but I am open to may suggestions. Our desires are warm weather, active nightlife, upscale amenities and good food. Please help if you can. Oh, we've been to Hawaii, Bermuda, St. Lucia and Jamaica. <BR> <BR>Thanks a bunch!

Old Jul 29th, 2001, 03:32 PM
antoinette

One word- ARUBA!!!!! We went for a long weekend and had a ball! You'll love it.

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 11:46 AM
tweedy

Charlene, you need to make some reservations now for hotel and airfare, as alot of the destinations get filled up quickly and the airfares go up as the "season" starts. <BR> <BR>I would suggest talking to a travel agent in your area, about package deals that don't have alot of time on airplanes as you only want to spend 4 days a day on a plane getting there and a day back don't sound like alot of fun. <BR> <BR>You choices might be Florida, like the Keys, The Bahamas, T&C, the further down in the carribean the more time it will take getting there, and you get less beach time for the dollar. <BR> <BR>You might look into Paradise Island, and there are several nice places to stay there, or Compas Point, or try a day or two on Nassau and head out to a family island for a day to see a little more, then head back to Nassau and home. <BR> <BR>There are direct flights to Nassau and Freeport from several east coast airports, Delta for expample flies directly from New York, and Atlanta, and American has alot of flights daily from Miami. <BR> <BR>My best suggestion is to head to a travel agent office and do some price comparisons and get some pictures of different islands and what the resorts offer and then make a decison. <BR> <BR>Have a great time. <BR> <BR>tweedy

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 12:34 PM
Karen

Don't know that any of the hotels are "fabulous" but AA has a sale now that includes air with many of the destinations for 3 or 4 nites. Check AA vacations. Altho you are still in hurricane season, November is a great time but don't forget there's Turkey Day and that's a heavily booked holiday. Since it is a short trip, I would find out what direct flights there are from your local airport and they are the flights that get you there the quickest! Coming home, you can pick a late flight to max that day out!

Old Jul 30th, 2001, 01:16 PM
Penney

I would choose someplace like Bahamas of the Keys as youwill not lose so much time traveling as you would to some of theother islands. <BR> <BR>Compass Point in the Bahamas is a wonderful little place as is the Cheeca lodge in the Keys.

Old Jul 31st, 2001, 11:37 AM
tivertonhouse

Suggestions for short luxe stays: LITTLE ST.JAMES ISLAND ,btw.St.John and St.Thomas. The entire private island is yours alone and nightlife accessible by private crewed speedboat.Drex Patterson designed it.Donna Karan and the like rent it. LITTLE PALM ISLAND in the Florida Keys also top-notch,albeit quieter .ST BARTH'S out of season,so probably not the best choice.If you can forgo lots of nightlife, on West Coast of Puerto Rico,the HORNED DORSET PRIMAVERA also posh,private,upmarket.