Nassau in December

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 05:49 PM
Kate

Nassau in December

Has anyone been in December and how was the weather? I've done some research and found high temps to be anywhere from 70 to 80. Also wondering about water temperature.

Planning on December, but will it be too cold to swim and enjoy the beaches?

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 07:50 AM
Kate

Anyone have any info?

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 01:42 PM
tweedy

Kate the weather in the Bahamas is much like the weather in South Florida, so you get an idea. December can be warm or there could be a cold front.

Generally it is warm in the upper 70's and the water is swimable but not the bath water temp that it is later in the year.

I have been in the Bahamas every month of the year over the last 18 years of trips and I didn't have a problem with a December trip.

Have a good time.

tweedy

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 06:47 PM
Kate

Thanks tweedy. Anyone else want to share their experiences? I'm looking at early December.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 08:38 PM
Daniel Williams

Tweedy sums it up nicely I think.

I went late December, early January to Nassau...water temp was 75/76 degrees F, daytime air temperature ranged from about 72 to 80, except for one particularly brisk day where the high was in the upper 60s. You probably won't get it quite that cold early December.

I'm used to Long Island (NY not L.I., Bahamas) beaches in August where the water can often be closer to 73 degrees, so I went in for a swim 5 days out of 7. The ocean water felt warm after the initial plunge, but was kind of strange coming back into the cooler air. I think Bahamians found people swimming in the 75 degree water funny as I saw a few smiling big wide grins as they would walk by. The pool was too cold even for my taste and we wore sweaters at night every night. Like I said, though, should be moderately warmer in early December.

Old Apr 9th, 2002, 08:53 PM
J

Hi Kate,
My family and I cruised to Nassau and Freeport during the Christmas season a couple of years ago. It was about 80 degrees, humid and hot. I can remember smelling the oil in my hair as it was being cooked by the sun. Luckily there were a lot of small nearby shops selling hats. gt;

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 09:06 AM
Lorraine

My family and I were there during Christmas a couple of years back.
It was 70-75 during the day, bright and sunny, no rain. At night, it was cold.
Not typical hot, humid night weather in the caribbean. We needed long pants and sweaters which we did not have.

Old Apr 10th, 2002, 03:38 PM
sandra

I loved the Bahamas in December. It was perfect. It was about80-85 degrees, and the water was as clear and warm as ever.

Have a great time you will just die it is so beautiful

sandra