Reload this Page >

Most Unspoiled Island You've Found

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5th, 2001, 03:04 PM
Ashley

I stayed around Grace Bay on Providenciales island last year in Turks and Caicos and found it to be a great experience, primarily because of the lack of crowds and the beautiful beaches. Has anyone found another place which matches or exceeds the beauty of this island in terms of the fine white sand beaches, clear blue water, and lack of people and man made structures?

Old Apr 5th, 2001, 09:04 PM
tweedy

One island to check out is Eleuthera, you can walk for miles and see on one. Beautiful beaches covering the island, but the sand is pink, not white.

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 11:25 AM
joan

Agree with Tweedy re Eleuthera.<BR><BR>Also, St. Vincent, in a different way. Incredible rugged windward coast, lush inland, beautiful waterfalls, people who have never seen a single tourist. Black sand beaches, deep water. Almost prehistoric - I wouldn't have been surprised to see a dinosaur pop his head over the next hill...<BR>Joan

Old Apr 6th, 2001, 03:31 PM
Jeff

I just returned from the Bay Islands off the coast of Honduras. If you want an unspoiled place, go out to camp on Water Key. If you can deal with one man made structure - rent the island of Sandy Key for yourself ($85/night). Just you, white sand, palm trees, superb snokeling and sunsets and a man-made, solar-powered house to sleep in. Incredible!!

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 08:49 AM
Mike

We are going to Petit St. Vincent in July, in the Grenadines......for all the reasons you loved Grace Bay.

Old Apr 7th, 2001, 02:59 PM
Scottie

Mike, we are going to PSV the first week of July. Have you been to PSV in July before? I was wondering how hot it may be then. We went last May and the weather was beautiful.