Search

Moon Palace in Cancun

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 1998, 05:04 AM
Bill

Moon Palace in Cancun

Has anyone been to the Moon Palace. Looks nice from the brochure but I have heard conflicting stories about the water. Too much seaweed etc. How about the Royal Solaris. Looks like a nice beach.

Old Feb 27th, 1998, 06:01 AM
L.E.

My fiance & I considered Moon Palace, but after short research over the chat lines-we heard far too much negative stuff to consider 'risking it'. From what we found out~the actual resort is beautiful with marble & every room is a suite with a jacuzzi. Then we heard the water in the jacuzzi tubs is brown! The service is supposed to be very bad & very unaccomodating. As for the beach~ it is not 'swimable' and has tons of seaweed on the beach & water. But, I guess the pools are very large & nice. The resort has its own water filtration plant, smack dab in the middle of the resort, and it stinks.
Then again, our freinds just returned from their honeymoon there & really liked it. They said the food was great & rooms beautiful. They did say that the beaches were bad, and had to go into Cancun to swim in the ocean. I guess it depends on the individual, but we are looking for a 'beach resort', so we aren't considering Moon Palace anymore.

Old Feb 27th, 1998, 07:21 AM
Don / Boston

Hi: Have visited but have not stayed at Moon Palace. Previous posts are accurate. Moon Palace has some good points and bad points. It's negatives are its beach and its location (to far out in the boonies). If you really want a nice hotel that gives you both a great beach and great location consider the following choices. "All Inclusive" Royal Solaris, Sun Palace and The Omini (All inclusive is optional). Not All inclusive consider Caesar Park, Melia Cancun or The Omini. These hotels have it "ALL" ( Beautifull Hotel, Great Beach, Great Location to enjoy Cancun). Moon Palace is a gorgeous hotel but it has some significant flaws, when I go away I want perfection (or close to it) in my opinion Moon Palace is just to flawed. Email me if you have more questions !

Old Mar 23rd, 1998, 01:01 PM
Andres V.

I have reservations for the Moon Palace in the Middle of April, will it be easy to make a reservation at this time with another hotel?

Old Mar 23rd, 1998, 01:02 PM
Andres V.

Honeymoon!! I have reservations for the Moon Palace in the Middle of April, will it be easy to make a reservation at this time with another hotel?