Mom & 13 yr old daughter looking for inclusive resort

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2010, 06:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Single Mom and daughter from NY looking for inclusive resort that will not break the bank, or make single mom feel lost amongst the families. Any island, but more northern to reduce airfare would be great. Does any one know if the inclusive resorts have single parent weeks?
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 05:39 AM

not an island but i'd suggest the maya riviera (mexico south of cancun to tulum). easy flt from nyc to cancun. known to be an economical destination. tons of ai's in all price & size ranges. someplace small like akumal beach resort in akumal, or huge with tons to do like the riu's, which are close to playa del carman.(riu actually has 5 clubs in close proximity & allows you to use facilities of all)
activities available locally include touring ruins (tulum, coba & chichen itza), zip-lines, caves & cenotes, diving & snorkeling, atv jungle rides, horseback through the jungle or on the beach, 2 fabulous eco marine water parks, xcaret & xel-ha, and loads of fun duty free shopping in playa del carman.
have not heard of single parents weekend but i don't think it will be a problem.
you can get loads of info from locogringo.com
Old Jan 12th, 2010, 05:42 AM

I think the best values may be in the Yucatan and this area is Americanized enough to make most folks comfortable.

Not sure about single parents weeks.

Check out Paradisus Riviera Cancun with large rooms, pretty beach, good food and a spa that is actually affordable.

Also Barcelo Maya Palace if you want a mega resort with a nice beach.
Old Jan 28th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

I took the lead from you all for the Mexican Riveria. Found 2 all inclusives with what seems like a decent package. Just wondering if anyone knows more about these 2 resorts.
Grand Riviera Princess
Catalonia Rivera Maya Hotel
Or maybe Riu Caribe Hotel in Cancun

Thanks so much for everyone's help!
Old Jan 29th, 2010, 03:38 AM

Have you checked the reviews on tripadvisor.com? Also, would you consider a cruise? I read an article about cruise lines offering single parent weeks so you might want to check into that. The problem I have found with large resorts is it just seems harder to meet people. We've had much better luck at smaller boutique type resorts where people seem to meet and mingle more. Both my kids have had great luck meeting other kids on cruises, the bigger resorts have been more challenging.