Reload this Page >

Culebra - Advice please!

Search

Culebra - Advice please!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 10:09 AM
BigGuy

Culebra - Advice please!

Am looking at going to Culebra for 4-5 nights. Would really appreciate some guidance on where to stay (and where not to stay). <BR>Initially was thinking of Harbour View Villas but I just saw a remark (no specifics) not to go there. Getting confused. Would be willing to spend $100-$125 a night if nice. Thanks!

Old Feb 13th, 2001, 01:22 PM
MMM

I would not recommend Harbour View Villas. I stayed there a year ago and found the management to be unpleasant and unprofessional (and aggressively so). It's also not a great value, although it's kind of neat to have a place that's semi-outdoors. I had an excellent vacation in Culebra, but the lodging stood out as a definite low point. <BR> <BR>Unfortunately, there aren't a lot of other places to stay on the island. I know of one hotel that's on the opposite end of the island (away from the town), but can't remember the name. Good luck!

Old Feb 14th, 2001, 03:47 PM
BigGuy

Thanks MMM for the post ... Harbour View Villas just fell off my list! I am starting to think about "winging it" - maybe book one night down there and then check out the accomodations around the island once we get there. Nothing like seeing it in person.

Old Feb 15th, 2001, 04:42 AM
Fredde

In Culebra, try Villa Boheme, in town but not on the canal. Very nice couple running it now. Rico Rossy is the guy's name. I spent 600 dollars/wk. for a single room but no kitchen. They have about 12 different rooms available. Tell him Fred sent you. He has a nice website, easy to find.

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 12:53 PM
Brent

We can second the recommendation on Villa Boheme. Stayed their last March, Ricco and family very nice. Location is convenient to town. Dinghy Dock and Mamacitas are two restaurants that are very good and in walking distance. Our first time their in 98 we stayed further down the street but do not remember the name. A little more rustic but nice breezes on a large deck overlooking the bay. A jeep is nice to rent to get around to the beaches. Jerry, across the street from airport was very helpful last year.