Club TRYP Cayo Coco

Old Nov 23rd, 1999, 03:21 PM
Jennifer

Club TRYP Cayo Coco

I'm looking for recent info (in the last 6 to 9 months) on this resort.
Jennifer

Old Nov 29th, 1999, 05:19 AM
laslo

Hi we were there in December 98! Beautiful hotel the beach is superb, the food was O.K. nothing special, take the super all inclusive there is no extra charge for sea food(lobster US$25)
My only concern is that behind hotel started a construction of the other hotel!

Old Nov 29th, 1999, 06:23 PM
Jane

I'm a bit past the 6 or 9 months as I was there in the fall of 1998.

The rooms in the newer section were we stayed were large and bright. Housekeeping staff were great.

The food was okay but nothing exciting (I had thought we would get spicy food but it was usually more bland than spicy.) Excellent pork dishes. It seemed that the Europeans were generally given better service than the Canadians.

The beach is long but narrow. In some spots, non-existent at high tide.

I would have preferred to be closer to some other hotels or a town. It's a nice property but I like to see more than my hotel.

They sprayed for mosquitos generally twice a day so you may want to check their spraying schedule so that you don't plan a dinner at one of the outside restaurants at spraying time.

Old Nov 30th, 1999, 01:27 PM
Laura F.

Jennifer,
I was there in April 99 and it was wonderful. There are lots of excursions you can take if you want to leave the resort. We did and loved it! The resort is wonderful, the service is wonderful and the food ranges from fair to wonderful with most meals being in the 7 range of a 1 to 10 scale. If you want lots of info (more than you ever knew existed) with pictures and all, try http://forums.sympatico.ca/WebX/WebX.cgi?13@^[email protected]
If this doesn't work, go to the sympatico forums/ sun destinations/ Cuba/cayo coco/ . There are litereally tens of thousands of posts there!!

Old Dec 9th, 1999, 09:48 AM
Linda

We went in December of 98. It was very good. Nice clean & spacious rooms. Food is not great. Beach & water are gorgeous! However, we have been back to Cuba (different resort, same island) since then and have spoken to people who have gone there since our trip and none of them recommended it. Most common complaint was service. It seems like the place has gone downhill since we went...

Old Feb 17th, 2001, 03:26 PM
HP MacIntyre

Hi, I was there in 1999, and my experience there was just O.K. The resort is very nice and well taken care of. The beach was soooo nice. The food was not to my taste, very bland. The drinks were great but I found the resort to be a bit too big if you can figure that out. You had to walk a long way from our room to get a drink. The lines for the bar were long and slow, but we got to meet some funny people. They had a special guest at the hotel who lived there. He was the floor show at the lobby bar, he was drunk all the time, and he wore a different clown outfit every night. The service was quite indifferent, with a few exceptions. If I had to choose between Coyo Coco and my trip to Breezes Veradero....Hands down to Breezes.