Marriott Ocean Club Time Share

Nov 16th, 2001, 05:38 PM
antoinette

Marriott Ocean Club Time Share

We have just returned from Aruba and are considering purchasing a time share at the Marriott Ocean Club Resort. We saw the two bedroom/two bathroom "villa" and thought it to be beautiful! Has anyone bought a Marriott time share at the Ocean Club? I really would like to hear the pros and cons. Thanks.

Nov 17th, 2001, 04:13 AM
Amyu

WE stayed there last year. It was beautiful and saw the timeshare presentation. The only thing is, the maintenance fees each year at the time were like $1500/yr and can go up at any time. They offer specials every year 5 nights for $1400.00. Unless travel rates skyrocket, it doesnt sound like such a good idea even though, Aruba is my favorite place to vacation!

Nov 18th, 2001, 10:57 AM
Antoinette

Thanks for the info. They quoted us a maintenance fee of about $800.

Nov 19th, 2001, 02:39 PM
amygo

REally? Was that for a 2 bedroom?

Nov 23rd, 2001, 07:13 AM
Antoinette

Yes, this is for the two bedroom, two bath unit with ocean/pool views. Oceanfront views are in the higher category and not worth the extra $$ for the view.

Nov 25th, 2001, 07:57 AM
Lisa

I stayed there a couple of years ago and almost purchased one. I decided not to because for the money I could do other things. I like to vacation diferent places every year and although you can trade mose of the trades were not as nice as the Marriott in Aruba. Plus, this year I am trying a whole different vacation. I am chartering a trawler in the Virgin Islands. Maybe I'll purchase a boat and have a company down there charter it for me. Same as a time share, but more flexible.

Dec 4th, 2001, 10:33 AM
David

We're going to the Ocean Club in April at a special "preview" price. I know from a Disney timeshare I purchased, that the resale market is a great way to save $$$ if you decide to buy. Just search "timeshare resales", there are lots of real estate companies and people waiting for an offer.

Dec 4th, 2001, 05:34 PM
anonymouse

Check out www.timeshareguru.com and www.tug.2 com. Look at the resales much much less dollars.

Also go to www.abcnews.com and put timeshare in top right hand search and read 20/20 report on timeshare. The claims and realties.

The realties are quite different from the sale's pitch claims.

Dec 4th, 2001, 06:40 PM
anonymouse

The correct address is www.timeshare-guru.com (hyphen needed)
and www.tug2.net. Checked out the resales by Holiday House and found them as low as $2000 however need to keep in mind the weekly fees and how much they can escalate as the developement grows older.

Dec 5th, 2001, 04:30 AM
Alice

Also keep in mind that airfare will go up every year and has to be factored in. You see so many timeshares for sale and people complaining that they could buy a package complete with air and hotel for less than what they have to spend on air alone to get to their timeshare.