Margarita Island 1998 Info required

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 1998, 08:44 AM
Al

We are due to visit MI in May/June and stay at
Allegro Laguna Mar. I have read many comments about this island & resort, but I would like to know what you think.
Plse post me a message or drop me an email.

Old Apr 3rd, 1998, 05:20 PM
Tom

We're going there too in April, based on the experiences of some friends who went in February. They loved the place. It's not perfect, but as with any vacation, you have to roll with the punches and not be disappointed if it's not absolute perfection. They had a great time and we hope to as well. Taking both our kids and plan to snorkel and see the sights. You can email me if you want after I get back. April 26 or later.

Old Apr 4th, 1998, 12:41 PM
Marina

I visited MI for the first time last month. I'm not familiar with the resort that you named, but I may be able to give you a general idea as to the island.
First of all, the island is very laid-back and if anything you'll have a very relaxing time there. It is very safe, at least from my experience in Playa Del Agua, Manzanillo, and Porlamar. Don't expect to be catered to, as the schedule followed in the island is that of the locals. One negative aspect was the jelly fish in the water, and the prices of meals being equivalent to U.S. prices.
Overall it was an enjoyable experience.

Old Apr 13th, 1998, 02:39 PM
cheri

1)speak FLUENT Spanish
2)avoid Servavenza airlines
3)don't expect beaches and snorkeling comparable to the rest of the Caribbean
4)we usually roll with the punches, but this trip we got the crap kicked out of us.

Old Apr 17th, 1998, 05:00 PM
Malcolm

3 friends and I stayed at the Luguna Mar in November. I found that for the All inclusive price I paid - I was more than satisfied.

The there was a wide variety of excellent food to choose from, as well as non motorized sporting equipment, Hotel room was nice and the staff very friendly (the only improvement I would make is next time I go I'll learn a little very basic spanish).

Its not an exclusive paradise, but I certaily got my moneys worth. If you have any specific questions please E-mail me.