Lounge chairs at Caneel?

Old Apr 9th, 2000, 06:08 PM
Susan C.

Lounge chairs at Caneel?

My husband & I will be at Caneel Bay the middle of April. (one week from Saturday!) Since I like to relax to near-comatose states while reading on the beach I was wondering if Caneel Bay has lounge chairs on the beach? also- how far will the nearest Pina Colade be?

Old Apr 10th, 2000, 05:40 PM
love my chair

Susan, I love a good beach chair. There is nothing more frusterating than paying a fortune for a vacation, then having to sit on a fabulous beach on a soggy hotel towel. Check qvc. I found collapsable, packable beachchairs to take with us, or buy them for more when you get to STT. You'll wan't to visit other beaches than Caneel's Probably and it's worth it.

Old May 18th, 2000, 09:26 PM
Michele

What ,no beach chairs??? what kind of place is this . We are going there in a week and a half??How are the rooms??

Old May 18th, 2000, 09:59 PM
Karen

Relax! Think that the poster was suggesting you take the others so if you choose to go off Caneel's property, you will have a chair. The chairs are plentiful on all of the beaches ... the beach towels are changed by room staff! However, the walk to the nearest Pina Colada will definately depend on which beach of the seven you choose. The same with the rooms - amenities and rooms vary by location!!!!

Old May 19th, 2000, 05:16 AM
Connie

I agree with Karen...RELAX...
Beach chairs, towels,and floats are nothing to worry about. An afternoon rum punch on the beach is a problem but thats what Caneel is all about, peace, quiet, and escape from the world. Rooms do have a stocked mini bar. There is a beach side bar on Caneel Beach but for me I would rather be on Scotts Beach without a rum punch! Enjoy wish I was still there.

Old May 19th, 2000, 05:25 AM
Michele

Thanks Ladies!!!! I think I am due to relax....How is the service? Again, rooms are a concern-I heard mixed reviews. I wanted something romantic, clean and a bit spacious. We are reserved in the Tennis gardens. Also, we like to sit outside to just veg.(after dinner). Are there there any mellow steel bands?

Old May 19th, 2000, 06:20 AM
Karen

Only suggestion about sitting outside and "vegging" is to make sure that you use insect repellent if you do! After all, those no see 'ems get hungry too!!!
Hawksnest is a lovely location too ... actually I prefer it to Scott's as it gets the breezes off the water but the rooms are two storied - some prefer the upper for the views ... others, the lower but I perfer NOT having someone over me just in case they are a bit heavy-footed!!!

Old May 19th, 2000, 09:09 AM
Michele

Karen- I posted a comment about LaSamanna- as you can tell, I really did not care for it. Is Caneel a nicer resort? Which do you prefer?

Old May 19th, 2000, 09:38 AM
Anita

There are plenty of beach chairs - both loungers and the smaller kind that you just sit in low to the ground. We had TONS of beach towels provided to us.

The rooms are simply furnished, definitely clean, and very comfortable. The linens (bedding and towels) are top of the line. The towels were plentiful. The bedding was super comfortable. In fact the bed was the most comfortable I have slept in . . .due to 310 count sheets I think.

Enjoy!

A