Reload this Page >

Looking for information about Grand Anse Beach in Grenada

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 08:50 AM
Lisa

Does Grand Anse Beach have white, fine sand or is it rocky and more brown? Also, how do Grenada's beaches compare to those on the USVI or any other islands? Also, what about the water there?

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 09:08 AM
sharon

Grand Anse Beach is SPECTACULAR. I didn't see any rocks. The ONLY drawback on the beach (our hotel was right on the beach) was the water taxis. The locals running the water taxis were situated RIGHT in front of our hotel. They were realy loud & annoying, IMO. Great island if you ask me. Still pretty undeveloped in places, ROADS are TERRIBLE. Water was fine, didn't drink much of it, opted for the local drinks & beer myself. ;0)

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 09:33 AM
Eva

Grand Anse beach is more golden than pure white, but is sandy and not rocky. Clear water and a gently sloping bottom make for great swimming, and its 2 mile length make for great walking as well. And, Grand Anse is NOT the only game in town -- you can find golden sand and grey/black sand beaches elsewhere on the island, on both the Caribbean and Atlantic coasts. <BR> <BR>Grand Anse is the center of tourism on Grenada (as limited as it is), so this is where you will find the bulk of the hotels, as well as such activites as jet skis (ugh!) and windsurfers. Its easy enough to get away from it all by walking down the beach a ways, or finding another beach (Morne Rouge, the next one over to the south, is my favorite). <BR> <BR>Having traveled throughout the islands, I can say that Grenada's beaches (as a group) will not disappoint you (unless you are looking for a high-rise Cancun-type experience). <BR> <BR>Visit my personal website for a report and photos of my most recent trip to Grenada in December, 2000 at www.homestead.com/islandtime/MainPage1.html.

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 10:21 AM
Dina

Personally, I think you can find better beaches on some of the other Caribbean islands, including the USVI. Grenada was satisfactory, but not some of the best in my opinion.

Old Feb 28th, 2001, 01:34 PM
Leanne

I lived in Grenada for 3 months - highly recommend it. There are some great resorts right on the ocean. Highly recommend Calabash - though you need a rental car to get to town (approx 10 minutes)and Flamboyant - less expensive - in town with beach view - has great drinks severed by the pool with a wonderful veiw. You may find the beach a bit windy - this is a nice alternative. Make sure to go during the dry season otherwise it is pretty humid. Also be sure to visit the rainforest.