Reload this Page >

Looking for a place to get married

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 02:59 AM
LeeAnn

We are looking for a special place to get married in the carribean. We have about 20- 30 guests that will attend coming from anywhere from South Africa to California Mostly the NE states though. I do not want to stay a AI lke Sandals- looking for something special- that my guests will remember but I have to keep it simple to price because they will be paying for themselves. we are looking to have a casual-elegant cereomony really very simple- we just want to have fun in the islands with out guests and show them something differnent then the Sandal stuff of the world. We just went to Bermuda thats out..anyone hear of Ian Flemmings- Golden eye in Jamica? Any ideas would be helpful.. oh and were trying to do this soon........thanks

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 03:34 AM
tivertonhouse

GOLDENEYE (islandoutpost.com) is quite superb,if quite pricey since for 20-30 you'd need rent out the entire property.<BR>We are currently working with a New York bride-to-be with similar tastes, needs and number of intl.guests for an April 2003 wedding celebration/week's stay and touring, based on a choice of private properties in Jamaica, including Winston Churchill's estate outside MoBay and more remote places on the South Coast beaches . Contact [email protected] for info.

Old Aug 7th, 2002, 04:38 AM
tivertonhouse

P.S. GoldenEye might be too small for your group of 20-30. It runs US$8-10 thou/week depending on season for up to 18 people (max),not including transfers, food, liquour,tips,taxes...<BR>

Old Aug 8th, 2002, 07:37 AM
helibel

How about Vieques. Therte is THE INN ON THE BLUE HORIZON (expensive)featured in last Dec Architectural Digest and right next door some of your guests could stay at Hacienda Tamarindo(moderate). There is also another gorgeous little Inn called Casa Cielo (No restaurant but a huge public area with a catering kitchen) that has about 11 rooms but there again is another guesthouse right next door called Hix Island House. Go to enchanted-isle.com and find all there info on these places. Any of these places are extraordinary and I wish i could find something like them on other islands

Old Aug 11th, 2002, 01:02 PM
leeann

Thanks tiverton and helibel<BR> Tiverton I will contact you direct I need help with this whole thing and I will look up those other places on enchanted.....