Looking for a MASSAGE vacation

Jan 20th, 1999, 10:54 AM
Ray

Looking for a MASSAGE vacation

Hi..I'm a massage therapist and enjoy getting lots of massages during my vacations to the islands. Any ideas to a medium-priced all-inclusive resort that caters to beaches & giving Massages?? Thanks!

Jan 20th, 1999, 03:13 PM
Lisa

My husband and I spent a week at Beaches Turks and Caicos. I enjoyed the spa services at the resort. I found them to be top notch! I had three massages while I was there including a couples massage with my husband. Keep in mind that the spa services are NOT included in the all-inclusive price. Yuck!
Good luck!
--Lisa

Jan 21st, 1999, 09:25 AM
debbie

If you are looking for something a little less expensive that Beaches in Turks and Caicos, you'll find that pretty well any of the mid-price all inclusives offer massages (either resort employee or someone who goes around to the different resorts). I usually treat myself to a massage each time we go away and have found that an hour massage runs $60. U.S.
Try Aruba Holiday Inn (she's got good strong hands!), Club Antigua, Club St. Lucia, Diamond Resort on Cozumel.

Jan 21st, 1999, 10:22 AM
Lara

Massaged included as part of the all-inclusive package at LeSport, St. Lucia and La Source, Grenada.

Jan 21st, 1999, 10:52 AM
Cassie

I spent a week at LeSport in St Lucia and think it will fit your needs. All spa services included in all-inclusive price including body massages, foot and hand massage, salt loofah scrubs [which I adored], aromatherapy, facials, etc. You schedule your services the first day. Generally can have about 2 services per day, dependent on length of treatment [aromatherapy is 1 only]. They will help you pick things, but you can request your favorites. NO TIPPING required or expected. The spa staff is quite professional, good draping for modesty, not real chatty. I thoroughly enjoyed that entire experience. The resort sits on a beach near Castries, and you can see Martinique in the distance. Nice beach, good buffet style food, afternoon tea, 1 pool near the hotel, a second pool up the hill at the spa. EVERYTHING'S included in your price - a little more expensive than a similar quality Sandals, but St Lucia is further, and spa services are included. If you go, try to fly into Castries, and not Hewanorra. Castries only handles turboprop planes, but Hewanorra is two hours away by bus, and that's all lost time.

LeSource in Grenada is owned by the same company as LeSport so I assume it is similar. Don't know how it compares cost-wise.

Email me direct if you have other questions on LeSport.