Lobster in Negril for Christie

Aug 7th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Original Poster

Lobster in Negril for Christie

Hi Christie,

I think the place that you're remembering for lobster is 3 Dives which is up on the cliffs.

Lobster season is July through the end of March...or at least that's what they say at the site.

And I would certainly encourage you to sample some patties too

Just to whet your appetite ;-), you can see the 3 Dives menu at :

www.maherconsulting.com/3dives

Marion

Aug 7th, 2005, 01:14 PM

Yes..Marion I remember seeing 3 dives on the "Amazing Race" I am getting hungry..lobster sure sounds good.I guess that I will settle for the steaks that my DH is grilling right now.
Aug 7th, 2005, 01:16 PM

I just looked at the Menu..the Curry Lobster sounds really good!
Aug 7th, 2005, 01:22 PM

Thank you Marion for posting the link to 3 Dives website.You are so helpful.I try to be also.
Aug 7th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

I hope you'll sample many of the Jamaican treats. Curried *anything* is a good bet.

Of course, if you want the best from the ocean, you'd have to come to the coast of Maine and sample our lobstah and chowda ;-)

Marion
Aug 7th, 2005, 02:31 PM

Marion:
I would love to have "fresh" lobstah and chowda from NE.As for the lobster up there...it is the best in my book.(compared to the Caribbean lobsta..I tried in STJ)
Aug 7th, 2005, 02:32 PM

3 Dives is excellent. A lot of food for a good price. You can have Jamaican "surf and turf". One order of lobster and one order jerk/or curried chicken and share. There will be plenty of lobster. Drizzle some of the garlic butter from the lobster on the callaloo. I think the taxi from the beach to the cliffs was about $20 round trip. We just called the same taxi driver when we were ready to go. Great sunsets, make sure you use bug spray. The bugs really start to come out at dusk. We liked 3 Dives enough to go a second time during our stay. If you go, say Hi to Lloydie and ask to see his Amazing Race pictures. He is kind of quiet at first.
Aug 7th, 2005, 02:41 PM

Brenda,
I will ask to see the pictures.I watched it on TV and looked like a neat place to go.I will tell Lloydie that Brenda said Hello!
Aug 7th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Original Poster

It was my typo to leave the H off of chowdah.

Those of us in New England put an H in the middle of word to replace the R...thus, pahty

And if there is an R at the end of the word, we repalce it with an H.

And then there is the dilemma of a a name ending with A, where we substitue an R. So if your name were Marcia/Marsha...you would be Maahsher.

So y'all be grateful for Christie.

So get yourself out on that pohch to shuck that cohn to go with the steak yor DH is grilling.

Lobstah and chowdah on anotha night

Marion

Aug 7th, 2005, 02:52 PM

Hehehe!Marion..you have one good sense of humor.I have heard the NE accent before.I have been to NH to visit.I loved listening to people talk up there.The steak was wicked good!(I bet that you have heard that one)
Aug 7th, 2005, 05:55 PM

Lobster at 3 Dives is great! Be patient though, it isn't fast food. The "no see ums" are bad but they have bags of water on the tables to keep flying things away. They claim it works. Lather on bug stuff to be safe! There used to be a live webcast from there. If you post on www.negril.com message board someone can tell you if they still do it.
Aug 8th, 2005, 09:22 AM
mm

Not Caribbean related but I enjoyed a medium lobster roll at Michael's Harborside in Newberryport, MA this weekend. I think I paid about $14 but this baby was filled with 12oz. of fresh lobster with just a touch of mayo on a fresh baked bitard.

As they say in those Johnsonville Brat commericials: it's heaven on a bun!

mm
Aug 8th, 2005, 09:46 AM

mm,
That souns great..too bad that I live in NC.
Aug 8th, 2005, 09:47 AM

typo: souns= sounds
Aug 9th, 2005, 06:23 AM

All this talk is making me hungry!

I'm curious how having bags of water on the table keeps bugs away. Special water? Special bags? If it works, I'll try it at home 'cause the bugs drive me inside as soon as the sun goes behind the tree line. Thanks!
Aug 9th, 2005, 06:39 AM

ej,
I always have about 3 to 4 citronella candles burning on my deck and a mosquito plant..at sunset and the bugs tend to go away!We also have one of the nice wooden umbrellas on our deck with lights underneath on the bars and I never see many bugs.

If I just go out and do not light the candles...we get eaten alive by bugs!
Aug 9th, 2005, 04:30 PM

benj,
I don't remember seeing bags of water on the table when we were there in July. Curious to know how that works too.
Aug 10th, 2005, 01:18 AM

Besides spiny lobster, suss out the big sea crabs/bongo/monkey crabs but make sure they're fresh and whole/not just the frozen meat sometimes served in restaurants. Butter and lime, garlic if you must...
Aug 10th, 2005, 01:34 PM

This site has a photo & if you look carefully you'll see the water bag.

www.maherconsulting.com/3dives/photos2.htm

I think maybe it was to discourage flies more than anything. They said something about bugs don't like to see their reflection. Whatever Jamaican story, it seemed to work. Mosquitos weren't really that bad either.
Aug 10th, 2005, 02:34 PM

benj,
Am I seeing a twin?..Or are you Liza's husband or boyfriend?I just looked at the pictures.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy -

FODOR'S VIDEO