Search

LeSport

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 03:26 AM
mary

LeSport

Looking for recent LeSport experiences. What was great and what wasn't up to par?

Old Sep 16th, 2000, 12:47 PM
Monica

I thought LeSport was quite a let-down. The workout facilities were lame, the food terrible, the beach was not even worth the time. Sorry to sound so negative but I was really disappointed and thought this might be helpful.

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 05:41 AM
Mary

Sorry to hear of Monica's bad experiences. Does anyone else have something to add to her critique????

Old Sep 18th, 2000, 06:14 AM
Lara

I have been there twice. <BR> <BR>Workout facilities were adequate--especially by Caribbean standards. Monica, may I ask what Caribbean resort's facilities you were using as comparison? I have seen better at other resorts, but not *much* better. <BR> <BR>Beach is not white sand--St. Lucia is volcanic and all the beaches are a dark brown. But if you are considering St. Lucia as a destination, you already know that. LeSport beach (Cariblue) is the best that I saw on the island. The beach is in a bay with great snorkeling right offshore. Very peaceful and quiet. The pictures you see on the web site are accurate. Re. Monica's comment--would I say that St. Lucia beaches match up to those on other islands? No, but you do not go to St. Lucia for the beaches! I am not sure what Monica was expecting. <BR> <BR>Food was definitely the downside of the resort. Breakfasts were good, but lunches and dinners were repetitive and bland. However, since we were there last year, LeSport has hired a new chef and opened a new restaurant, Tao, that has gotten good reviews from Gourmet magazine. So maybe the food situation has changed since my visits? Either way, there are so many good restaurants in the area, you should consider eating out for dinner one or two nights. <BR> <BR>Please see my two trip reports posted at www.caribtravelnews.com. <BR> <BR>--Lara

Old Sep 22nd, 2000, 11:59 AM
Rusty

We were at Lesport last month and we had a nice visit. We actually stayed at Rendezvous. We took the day trip to Lesport and found it very nice. The beach is in a cove which is kinda cool. Peaceful and clean. It is not white sand. Any white sand i believe is trucked in. We ate at the resturant and was very good. Service was actually damn good. I can not comment on the work out facilities in the main building but the activities outside ie; golf, pools, watersports, volleyball were great. The pool is kinda small. We thought it was a very nice and very well maintained resort. We did NOT see the rooms though. <BR>Hope this helps. <BR>St. Lucia is Awesome.