Last Minute Deals

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 09:46 AM
Janet

Last Minute Deals

We are considering trying to book last minute over Christmas for two weeks to pretty much anywhere warm. Agents say this is impossible. Is it? Or should be play it safe and book ahead?

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 12:08 PM
lisa

Do you mean Christmas 2000? If so, this IS last-minute already.

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 02:08 PM
Lucy

Through the use of a travel agent I was able to make reservations at a top notch hotel (Half Moon in Jamaica) just a week ago. So don't lose hope! <BR>

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 02:09 PM
Mango

Good luck!!!!!!! Christmas is very high season....especially for 2 weeks, which I would assume mean over New Years as well. Book now!!!!!!

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 04:53 PM
Michelle

Janet, we booked our Christmas week <BR>in Aruba back in February & the hotel <BR>was sold out then! I couldn't believe it <BR>but I just kept calling til something opened up. Guess it depends on where you want to go. I hope you find something. You might do what I did.... <BR>pick a hotel & just keep calling til you get a cancellation. Problem is with <BR>many of the better hotels we are already <BR>within the cancellation period meaning that if people cancel now they will forfeit anywhere from two nights acc. <BR>up to the entire period booked.

Old Nov 3rd, 2000, 07:42 PM
Anna

Janet, <BR>I would check out two websites: <BR>http://www.moments-notice.com/ <BR>http://www.vacmart.com/ <BR>