Reload this Page >

Best All Inclusive to get married?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 1999, 07:36 PM
anthony

My fiancee and I are thinking about getting married at an all inclusive resort but we do not know which one. We have heard good things about Sandals and really like the Royal Bahamian. Can anyone offer any other suggestions? I noticed that the Sandals resorts are higher priced than some of the others, is the cost justified? Would we get the same type of service at say Super clubs? <BR>Any info is appreciated. <BR> <BR>anthony

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 05:20 AM
Lara

In my experience, the high price at Sandals was not justified and I felt they delivered an inferior product compared to its competitors. I have not been to a SuperClubs so I cannot comment on that chain. <BR> <BR>I attended a wedding in the Nassau area at The Cloisters. Beautiful spot to exchange vows.

Old Apr 7th, 1999, 05:20 AM
Lara

In my experience, the high price at Sandals was not justified and I felt they delivered an inferior product compared to its competitors. I have not been to a SuperClubs so I cannot comment on that chain. <BR> <BR>I attended a wedding in the Nassau area at The Cloisters. Beautiful spot to exchange vows.

Old Apr 11th, 1999, 10:31 PM
Judith

Consider Swept Away Resort in Negril Jamaica. (www.sweptaway.com) My husband and several family members are planning a trip there next February, and to me it looks unbeatable. I would have loved to have been married there! I read recently that although children aren't allowed, they do accept single adults. To me it doesn't seem as overblown as the Sandals resorts, (pricewise, too) but it has the smae amenities.

Old Apr 12th, 1999, 10:21 AM
CAgirl

I got married at Beaches Negril, which is right next to Swept Away. I can tell you the beach at Beaches is FAR superior to the beach at Swept Away. I was very happy with what we received for our money. Beautiful sunset wedding on the beach and beautiful pictures. Ivelyn, the wedding coordinator is very professional and personal. The one advantage of Beaches is that if you are going to have any guests come to your wedding, you don't have to worry about all of them being couples (which they would have to be if you had it at Sandals). However, if you want to get married at Sandals, the Royal Bahamian is their most first-rate property. I'm sure it would be worth the cost.

Old Apr 15th, 1999, 08:54 AM
Janet

Anthony: My husband and I just returned from our March 10th, 1999 wedding/honeymoon at Rendezvous Resort in St. Lucia. Absolutely everything was beautiful. This all-inclusive resort is for couples only (no children or singles allowed) and they take care of absolutely everything for your wedding in paradise. We were married on the beach. A most unforgetable romantic getaway. We loved it so much we plan on returning for our 5th wedding anniversary. Send me an e-mail if you want more information. p.s. We met a couple who were staying at Rendezvous and their daughter was married at the Sandals resort during our stay. This couple couldn't believe the price difference from our resort and Sandals. Stating that Sandals was way overpriced. I can't imagine anything that we missed staying at Rendezvous.

Old Apr 15th, 1999, 09:33 AM
tweedy

Anthony, you might want to check out the Raddison Cable Beach, it can be an allinclusive resort, or not. Also if you stay there the wedding is free, and there is a wedding co-ordinator at the hotel to take care of all the details. <BR> <BR>There are also several other hotels and resorts on New Providence in several price ranges to meet the needs of other guests who may want to be there for the wedding. <BR> <BR>The grounds at the Raddison are so beautiful and there is a gazebo on the grounds that can be used for the wedding or if you prefer you can be married on the beach or on the patio overlooking the beach. <BR> <BR>If you are interested I can also give you details of one of the "family islands", more laid back and beautiful <BR>and weddings can be arranged there as well. Harbour Island off the N. coast of Eleuthera is one of the 10 most beautiful (per Islands Mag) and there are some beautiful "old" churches there that are perfect for a small wedding, or <BR>the beach, pink sand that feels like flour and most of the time, even during high season the beach is deserted. <BR> <BR>Congratulations, and if I can be of any more help, please, let me know. <BR>