Reload this Page >

La Creole Beach help A.S.A.P.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 08:20 AM
Crystal

We are planning a trip to Gaudelupe and staying at the La Creole Beach Hotel in May. Can anyone tell us what the accomodations are like, the beach, how far the airport is from there, is the airport a major one or do you take a puddle jumper plane. How the food at the resort and more. Please answer quickly because we need to make a decision.

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 03:45 AM
Paul

There are 3 hotels on the grounds, La Creole is the nicest. Others are Le Mahogany and Residences Yucca. Creole's rooms are not spectacular but they are nice, mine included satellite TV, hair dryer, and was clean and decently furnished. There are two smallish man-made beaches, in sheltered waters so swimming is good. Water sports center. Beach snack bar. Two main restaurants. The beaches are fine but might get crowded cause of their size. But you can easily walk right behind them over to the beaches of the hotels right next door, the Salako and the Arawak. Those hotels aren't as good, but their beaches are bigger and shadier. I thought La Creole's food was very good and reasonably priced. Breakfast buffet is very nice, dinner is a good deal with a big selection of food. <BR>The airport is 15-20 minutes ride and a taxi will cost you about 130-140 francs, a tad under $20. You can rent a car at the airport or if you prefer, right outside of the Creole there are several rental offices, including Hertz and Avis.

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 03:49 AM
paul

Also forgot to mention: La Creole has a very nice pool, as well. Also a nice bar with nightly entertainment.

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 07:05 PM
Crystal

Paul, <BR>Thank you for responding. I think we are going to forget the trip to Guadeloupe and try somewhere like Anguilla, St Barts or Another english speaking Island. I am a bit leary on the american language because everyone mentions that it is mainly French spoken. Thanks again.

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 05:42 PM
Paul

You're welcome. Although some people who don't speak English say they get by on Guadeloupe, I can't imagine how. Some people speak English, but once you leave the airport or the major hotels, it's a matter of luck to find them. You need some french to enjoy your stay, and sometimes you'll have to rely on it totally even at restaurants, stores, getting directions, etc. <BR>St. Barts, by the way, is a French-speaking island, but unlike Guadeloupe or Martinique, you can easily get by even if you can't speak a word of it.

Old Mar 8th, 2001, 07:18 PM
Crystal

Paul, Thanks again, I think we are serious about Anguilla. Have done alot of research and I keep getting drawn to this Island. The Sonesta Beach resort looks great and the price is right. Would love the Cap Juluca but I think a small amount out of our league. We would love to enjoy the amenitites that the resort has to offer but I would love to shop and get some nice deals in St.Martin and can't do both. Have you ever stayed on Anguilla? Thank you kindly Crystal