Search

Kingston Side Trip

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2007, 05:13 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kingston Side Trip

My husband and I are in Kingston on business for 12 days! Ugh. We are considering a side-trip leaving Friday afternoon and returning early Sunday evening. What would be the best place to go/sights to see in a short amount of time? We would hire a driver. I'm talking Friday, Oct. 5 so only quick responses will work! Thanks.
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 05:26 AM

Go to Port Antonio. It's beautiful, much less hectic than most of the island's other resort areas, and has some nice small hotels. Nothing big. It's not a nightlife destination, but I think you'll like it.
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 09:14 AM

I agree with Doug that Port Antonio is the closest area to get to from Kingston for a weekend getaway.

If you want a little bit of luxury closer to Kingston with lots of pampering but not much exploring, check out Strawberry Hill.
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 02:26 PM

You may enjoy spending a couple of nights at Bath Fountain (an old colonial hotel run by the Government)just above the village of Bath about 30 minutes out of Kingston towards Port Antonio. It is a nice quiet location with a stream running outside your room. It is known for it's 'bathes'. There is a hot spring running beneath and beside the hotel. The water is channeled into the hotels bathes. The bath is at least 6X4X4. For meals simply tell the cook what you would like and she will make it for you. At dinner time they will come and get you in your room when the meal is ready. My wife and I spent 2 nights there in 05 and will return.
Old Oct 4th, 2007, 05:38 PM

Definitely Strawberry Hill... Kingston is the antithesis of relaxed, so SH will be SOOOO welcome a change for you.... two nights of R&R, some spa treatments... and make sure you have the Sunday brunch... it is great
Old Oct 9th, 2007, 12:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your help. We ended up going to the Jamaica Inn which we LOVED. We actually booked it for ten days in April when we were planning to go to Florida! I've heard great things about Port Antonio and Strawberry Hill too though!We are back in Kingston with lots of rain and can't wait to head home.We also can't wait to get back to the Jamaica Inn though.