Search

Kids in Bermuda

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2000, 05:53 PM
Len

Kids in Bermuda

Am I nuts to be thinking about taking my 9 and 12 year old kids to Bermuda at the end of March? Where do you suggest staying? Beach is not terribly important since it will be cool. What's there for kids to do?

Old Feb 25th, 2000, 07:51 PM
Mare

We stayed at the Southamilton in April of 96 and I don't remember any children there!! Not alot for them to do! If you are not into dining or shopping, I really would suggest another destination! Just my opinion!

Old Feb 26th, 2000, 06:12 PM
susan

Hi - I have the fondest memories of vacationing in Bermuda. My parents first started taking my brother and myself when I was 6 and went once or twice a year until I went to college at 18. I look forward to when my girls are old enough to be able to hold on and ride behind on the mopeds. Southampton Princess is an excellent hotel and will have an indoor pool for the kids, plus a water taxi into Hamilton. There's an aquarium, lighthouses, caves, lots of daytrip things to do. But, in order to really enjoy Bermuca you must do the moped thing, therefore you must feel comfortable that your children can hold on and ride behind you. Enjoy...

Old Feb 26th, 2000, 06:44 PM
Parrot Mom

Here is the site for the BOP (Bermuda obsessed people). many of them have brought their children... <BR>http://207.201.156.73/cgi-local/index.cgi <BR>You will find them extremely knowledgable and helpful...

Old Feb 28th, 2000, 04:21 AM
ellie

We took our son along with us to Bermuda a couple of times when he was 12 - 14 years old -he had a fine time. He enjoys playing tennis and got a big kick out of daily private tennis lessons we were able to arrange through our hotels (Cambridge Beaches and Pink Beach Club). <BR>He also enjoyed touring the caves, running around in the Botanical Gardens, exploring the military museum at Dockyards, poking around the shops in Hamilton, and just enjoying the fresh air and relaxed atmosphere. Many hotels do not have TVs in the rooms - we paid extra on these trips to rent one for him which helped fill the gaps in the action here and there. We also booked half day cab tours of the island through our hotel - the drivers are extremely friendly and made a point of taking us to off the beaten track sort of places which were of interest to our son. <BR>As far as the mopeds are concerned, NO member of my family - child or adult - would ever be allowed on one while there is breath is my body! You can find a couple of discussions on this topic right here on the forum. We've had two friends spend their Bermuda vacations having surgery as a result of bad falls their first day out!