Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Caribbean Islands
Reload this Page >

Just returned from luxury villa vacation in Barbados ... any questions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2000, 06:59 AM
Felix Little

Wow - what an island - what a vacation - what a dream. We rented a villa through CaribbeanWay.com (www.caribbeanway.com) and had the time of our lives. We were on the west coast for over a week and got to know the area pretty well if anyone has any questions ....

Old Nov 16th, 2000, 07:03 AM
s

I have had some interest in Barbados. Is diving available or is it mainly a snorkeling island? We like to eat out when on vacation (nicer places, no chains). Are there many restaurants to choose from? Did your villa have a/c, screens to keep out the bugs, gekko's and other vermin? <BR> <BR>Thanks for any info.

Old Nov 16th, 2000, 08:05 AM
CW

I agree with Felix, Barbados is a paradise! Which villa did you stay in ? Once you stay in a villa, hotels can not compare. <BR>Do go the the east and enjoy the beauty of the Atlantic coast. As for restaurants, I highly recommend David's, Carambola, and Neptune.

Old Nov 16th, 2000, 11:48 AM
Felix

There is plenty of diving available but we were satisfied with snorkling with some absolutely GIANT sea turtles. There are some great restaurants along the west coast - but the best ones are in the luxury resorts and hotls - if you get a chance to eat at the Royal Pavilion i'm sure you'll love it. <BR> <BR>Hi CW. We stayed at the Cove Spring House when we were there. More luxury than you could ever imagine - sting, rod stewart, tommy hilfiger, etc .. all frequent this villa from time to time. Paradise on earth - there's no going back to hotels now ...

Old Nov 16th, 2000, 02:23 PM
Jeff

If you are going for the diving you'll be hugely disappointed. The coral is mostly dead so the colours are drab and the sealife sparse. The restaurants will not disappoint however. <BR>