Reload this Page >

JUST GOT BACK FROM ARUBA!!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17th, 2000, 09:22 AM
Miriam G.

Hi All! <BR> <BR>I just got back from an 8 day stay at the Allegro Beach Resort - All-Inclusive package. <BR> <BR>It was amazing - I would highly recommend this resort to anyone. Great beach, pretty rooms, and just an overall blast! <BR> <BR>Aruba is now my favorite island in the Caribbean - I can't believe I didn't go there sooner!! What a gorgeous island, so safe, and the nicest people. The restaurants were top-notch, and there was so much to do. <BR> <BR>The beaches on the island just blew my mind, especially Manchebo and Eagle Beach. The water was so clear and azure - something out of an ad! <BR> <BR>Plus, we got the BEST deal through Caribbean Bound travel agency. Their prices were the lowest I have seen to the Caribbean. I would highly, highly recommend them as well to all travelers going to Aruba or the Caribbean. <BR> <BR>Their temporary website is: <BR> <BR>www.webspawner.com/users/caribound <BR> <BR>The e-mail address: <BR> <BR>[email protected] <BR> <BR>They have all types of packages from different cities to the whole Caribbean, which you can call or e-mail a specific request for, and they also have last-minute vacation packages from specific cities. You can click on their link called "Sizzlin' Specials" for those. <BR> <BR>The temporary website is pretty crappy, because they took down their old one and are having a new one built. <BR> <BR>We were SO impressed with their service, and most of all the prices. <BR> <BR>We paid $1500 for the Allegro All-Inclusive package,and that price includes our Round-Trip Airfare from Chicago!! We couln't believe we paid that for an All-Inclusive Air/Land package, because as some of you may know, it is not cheap to get tothe CAribbean from Chicago. <BR> <BR>Please ask me any questions you have! <BR> <BR>We will be going back to Aruba next year, without a doubt!!

Old Jul 21st, 2000, 07:02 AM
SUE

Hi there, we are going to Aruba in September and staying in the marriott ocean club on Palm beach. We were wondering about rental vehicles and also any idea about the price of groceries? We can't wait!!!!! Thanks

Old Jul 22nd, 2000, 04:27 AM
Kris

I will also be staying at the Marriott Ocean Club in September. I would also like to know about the grocery situation. Is the supermarket just as expensive as going out?

Old Jul 23rd, 2000, 03:30 PM
Jeri

I just returned from the Allegro in Aruba 07-21-00. The hotel was nice. The staff was great, but I would not go all inclusive again. My husband and I both thought the food was terrible. We ended up eating meals out, even though we paid for all inclusive. The grocery stores were very reasonable. We rented a car and it worked out great. If your a major drinker then all inclusive is the way to go, if not, then don't.

Old Jul 23rd, 2000, 07:37 PM
aaron

Did you have a layover in Miami? <BR> <BR>I'm glad you had a nice trip.

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 07:41 AM
eileen

Hi -- we went in March. I found the supermarkets to have a large selection and the prices to be reasonable (for a Caribbean Island). We bought breakfast and lunch stuff and went out to dinner. I also thought the restaurants were reasonable -- before I went everyone kept saying how expensive they were -- I live on the East Coast and didn't find the restaurants in Aruba expensive -- compared to Bermuda, Barbados and the Bahamas I thought the prices were good.

Old Jul 24th, 2000, 10:48 AM
Jackie

Looks to me like the original message is an ad disguised as a post.

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 04:39 AM
Anil

Yes, the original poster was SPAMMING this BB and several others.

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 09:31 AM
Miriam G.

To Anil and Jackie - my trip report isn't an ad, and my post isn't "spam" either. I posted my report on several other BB's and last time I checked, we were allowed to write whatever we chose as long it is not offensive - I hoped my report would be helpful to others. Hundreds of other people recommend islands, hotels, and travel agents, so please explain exactly what I did wrong? <BR> <BR>I don't work for the Aruba Tourist Authority, the Allegro, or Caribbean Bound - we were just thrilled with our trip, and I want to leave other advice and ideas for people here. <BR> <BR>To Sue and Kris, as for groceries, we went to Ling and Sons - expect to pay a little more than what you would pay in the states. Also Sue, I don't think you need to rent a car the whole week, but you definitely should for a few days - the island is gorgeous and charming, and safe and fun to explore! <BR> <BR>To Jeri - sorry to hear that you didn't like the food - we liked it, didn't think is was excellent though. Caruso's was great we thought <BR> <BR>Also, yes, we had a layover in Miami, luckily with no problems - we were there for about 1 1/2 hr. <BR> <BR>Hope that answers your questions! Let me know if you have any others!

Old Jul 25th, 2000, 03:33 PM
Kris

Thanks, people have been warning me about the high costs of food in ARuba. What restaurants around the Marriott would you recommend?

Old Jul 26th, 2000, 12:22 PM
julie

I went to ARuba last year and had a very relaxing vacation even though we did not like where we stayed. I stayed at La Cabana and hated it. It was too crowded. They told us it was an ocean front resort and we had to walk five minutes to get to the beach. I am not lazy but my 1 1/2 yr old did not want to walk that far so we had to carry her and all of our belongings. The condo had ants in it. I also did not like that the resort closed the pool bar restaurant when a group from South America arrived. They were on a tour and they were the only ones allowed into it. I am going back this year with two children but we are staying at the Ocean Club at the Marriott. Someone had asked about restaurants. The Tuscany at the Marriott was very good. We had a nice dinner, dessert and drinks for about $100 with the tip. The Chalet Swiss was also very good.

Old Jul 27th, 2000, 05:53 AM
Miriam G.

Hi again Kris! <BR> <BR>I agree, Tuscany was great. <BR> <BR>Some other restaurants you may want to check out that won't break the bank - Old Cunucu House (loved it! So charming - an authentic Aruban plantation house), French Steakhouse at the Manchebo Beach Resort, and La Petit Cafe. All great, and I know lots of other people have said the same. Have fun!! <BR> <BR>If you have any questions you can e-mail me - as you can see, I have a new e-mail account. <BR> <BR>Lastly, I don't care who thinks I am advertising or work for some Aruba agency, I am still going to post info. and recommendations to other travelers, because that is half the reason we had such a good trip! <BR> <BR>So, for all of your information, two of my friends at work just went through my travel agent and got really awesome deals to Grand Cayman and Turks and Caicos. I'll say it again, you can e-mail my agent (ask for Vicki or Cathy - they are the best) at: <BR> <BR>[email protected] <BR> <BR>We are still so thrilled with the job they did for us, and how much they helped us! Awesome, awesome prices!!! <BR> <BR>Hope this helps all of you travelers! <BR> <BR>And, whoever wants to e-mail me again and accuse me of working for the Aruba Tourist Board, Caribbean Bound Travel Agency, or the Allegro Resort, don't bother, because I am still going to post here and help others find out insider info. like they helped me find! <BR> <BR>Anyone can e-mail me with questions!! <BR> <BR>