Reload this Page >

June weather in Sy. Lucia?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12th, 2000, 08:50 AM
Casey

Has anyone been to St. Lucia in June? We're thinking about going on our honeymoon there, but June is the beginning of hurricane season. Will we be completely washed out if we go then?

Old Dec 13th, 2000, 09:06 AM
Beth

Casey, <BR> <BR>I was in St. Lucia last year from May 29 to June 6th on my honeymoon. I don't know when in June you are planning to go. Yes, that is the beginning of the rainy/hurricane season. <BR> <BR>It rained just about every day - but it wasn't like it rained all day long every day. We had beautiful weather, and from time to time, we would get a rain shower. It wouldn't last very long. People would just get up, move inside, wait for it to pass and then go back out. It dried up almost instantly most of the time! <BR> <BR>We stayed in the Southern part of the island at the Jalousie. It's very tropical down there - and with the rainforest, we had no problems with the rain. It's just how it is. And how beautiful!! <BR> <BR>Good luck!!

Old Dec 13th, 2000, 09:14 AM
penny

Relax about hurricane season, it does not start until August!

Old Dec 14th, 2000, 07:25 AM
Casey

Thanks for the info! You've helped calm my fears!

Old Dec 14th, 2000, 07:47 AM
Jackie

I was at Ladera and Jalousie Hilton in May and the weather was no problem. It rained every day, as Beth said, but only for a little while in the morning. I thought it was a special treat watching the rain come in and go out from Ladera, up in the mountains. Penny's right, by the way (I'm hoping Penny's always right since she just gave me happily optomistic advice about my pending vacation) -- hurricane season doesn't start until August.