Search

Josh Van Dyke

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2000, 03:59 PM
Cathy

Josh Van Dyke

My husband and I are thinking of going to Josh Van Dyke for a vacation any information at all would be greatly appreciated.

Old Apr 7th, 2000, 09:13 AM
amber

It is very nice. Tortola is incredible & so is Virgin Gorda. Be careful that you pick a place that has airconditioner. Many do not & it is hot as hell.

Old Apr 7th, 2000, 03:37 PM
Charles

Jost Van Dyke is pretty, but VERY isolated- only a hundred people on the island. It's best visited by boat, I'd think. (that's how I;ve always done it)

Old Apr 9th, 2000, 08:36 AM
Patty

If you only have dinner at Sydney's Peace and Love bar or Foxy's you've had it all.Sydney's is on the "honor system" for drinks: write what you have and then make your own. There are a ton of t-shirts hanging from the ceiling. Bring one and Sydney will love you forever. this in NOT fine dining and the bathrooms are gross--but I would go back every time!!

Old Apr 10th, 2000, 05:45 AM
Jamie

Cathy, <BR> My husband and I stayed a week on Jost last year at the Sandcastle. It is a small island with about 150 residents, really just one road and about 8 bars. It is visited mostly by boaters who come into Little Harbour (3 bars/restaurants), Great Harbour (Foxy's is here plus Rudy's, and a couple of more bar/restaurants), and lastly White Bay (where Soggy Dollar Bar and Sandcastle hotel is, also Ivan's stress free bar). <BR> White Bay is gorgeous but it is also the only good beach on the island and you will share it with lots of people, many who are partying hard - after about 5pm the boaters/day trippers leave and it is quiet and nice. <BR> Depending on what you want for a vacation, Jost could be great or a disappointment. Hope this helps, Jamie

Old Apr 16th, 2000, 04:33 AM
cathy

Thank you for all the responses. We have been to Virgin Gorda and Tortola. We stayed at Long Bay and Little Dix. Both were excellent, however we are looking for something a little more simple and secluded and think Josh Van Dyke may be it. Any other info is greatly appreciated.

Old Apr 17th, 2000, 05:19 PM
Charles

If you're looking for more simple and secluded than VG, Jost is it. The accomadations won't be anywhere near as posh as little dix, though. <BR> <BR>btw it's Jost Van Dyke (with a T)