JAMAICA-SANDALS OR COUPLES

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 09:12 PM
Josh McKean

JAMAICA-SANDALS OR COUPLES

Hello,
I will be going on my honeymoon in June and am considering the Sandals and the Couples resorts in Jamaica. We have never been to Jamaica so are clueless. We want to relax and enjoy the beach, pools, etc. but do not want to be bored either. What are the big differences between the two A/I resorts, I have heard good things about both, but of course this does not help in my decision making! Thanks so much.
JM

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 07:58 AM
Kim

Sandals is just a step above Couples. Both resorts are great, we have been spoiled at Sandals.

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 03:17 PM
DDiver

I have been a guest at Sandals OR and Couples OR. Each has its own character. Sandals tends to be more active with a younger honeymoon group. Couples has a more refined quiet atmosphere. You really can't go wrong with either, the Jamaican staffs make you feel like your visiting friends.

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 03:30 PM
Sam

There are 6 Sandals and 2 Couples in Jamaica. The better Sandals are Negril, Dunn's River and Royal Jamaican. Dunn's River has the largest pool and Negril has the best beach.

Couples Ocho Rios is older but still retains its charm. It has smaller beach. Couples Negril is 2 years old. Couples Ocho Rios includes several sidekicks such as Dunn's River Falls tour, Plantation tour, horseback riding, sunset cruise, etc. that would be a good introduction for first timers. Couples Negril include 30 minutes of free masage for honeymooners.

Both Sandals and Couples serve excellent food and provide similar activities and entertainment. Personally, we prefer Couples.

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 05:12 PM
TED

I'LL BE GOING BACK TO SANDALS FOR MY 8TH AND 9TH TIME IN FEB. YOU WOULD HAVE A GREAT TIME!GET A ROOM ON THE BEACH WITH SUITE SERVICE IT'S GREAT!!