Reload this Page >

Jalousie Hilton St. Lucia - Any commentsy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 07:07 AM
bette

We are considering this resort and have been assured by our travel agent that it is wonderful with amazing staff and far, far from a Hilton-like experience. Any recent visits...thanks

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 07:29 AM
Edye

My family and I were there the week prior to Easter and the resort exceeded our expectations, which are pretty high to begin with. The setting is spectacular. It took a good 48 hours to get over the awe of being there, and then we felt guilty for getting used to it! The hotel is not like a typical hotel because of the layout of the villas all over the property. The villas are lovely, not fancy but well maintained and private. Comfy beds, nice linens, turndown service... There a lot of families during our visit, and I understand this is only true at Xmas and Easter. Guests were primarily (60%)British, 25% US, and the rest European. It is a quiet resort, with a variety of activities but generally a mellow place to relax. Service is excellent from everyone who works there. Food is Caribbean style and perfectly tasty but different from what we eat in the states (this refutes previous posters who complain about the food; it's not bad just different! We really loved this place and agree that it's like no other Hilton. Post back with any specific questions. I won't put my email address on here for spam reasons.

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 07:51 AM
bette

Hi, thanks, and can you give me an update on the beach, also any workout facilities. What about travel times, how long did it take, did you ever leave the property. Really appreciate the time taken!

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 08:39 AM
Edye

The beach is lovely, white sand, about a 1/2 mile stretch btw the Pitons with a snorkling area on the far right side. Heard from other guests that "our" beach was far superior to nearby Anse Chastenet. Grass huts are available for comfort during hot midday sun. Poolis directly behind beach, easy to move btw the two. Our schedule was arrive at beach around 8:30 am and stay until 4:30 or so, then retire to villa for late swim in our pool, and happy hour and sunset viewing from our private patio. <BR><BR>Gym is a shuttle ride up the mtn, lovely breeze come through huge windows on all sides in early am and late afternoon. Spa facilities, showers, tennis cts and basketball ct all up there.<BR><BR>Helicopter from airport saved a TON of time (5 min from UVF) and aggravation, well worth $$. Roads outside of resort are similar to those I traveled in countryside of India - they suck. Don't rent a car & drive, it's just stupid to put yourself and your vacation at risk. We hired a driver for a 3 hour tour to the waterfall, volcano and up to Ladera. We hated to leave even for 3 hours, but were glad that we saw some of the island at least. Returned to Ladera for dinner on last night. Also ate at Bang twice, which is nest door to Jalousie.

Old Apr 15th, 2002, 11:37 AM
robin

The Jalousie is exquisite. We would love to go back. My only negative is that breakfast was buffet only and fairly expensive, so if you only wanted toast or cereal - too bad, you're paying for all the rest. Otherwise, this place is close to paradise and we will definitely return - we'll just try not to look at the food bill $$$.

Old Apr 16th, 2002, 09:43 AM
Edye

Robin, I totally agree with your only complaint. It was our only complaint too. I spoke to the Gen'l Manager about it and he is looking into resolutions. At least it was a lovely buffet! And they charged half price for children. All in all, when we received our food bill on check out, it was lower than we anticipated.