Reload this Page >

Is Grace Bay Club worth the money?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 08:52 AM
Beth

My husband and I are going away in May...leaving our two adorable rugrats home...we only have 4 nights to be away so we have narrowed down our destination choice to Turks and Caicos (non stop out of Miami makes for a quick flight). We've narrowed the hotels to Sands at Grace Bay, Beaches Resort and Spa, and Grace Bay Club. We've never been to an AI so I am not sure if we'd like it. We just want beautiful water, excellent service and food and not commercialized. Any thoughts? Thanks for any help you can pass my way.

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 10:20 AM
eileen

Hi, my husband and I went last April without our children -- stayed at Point Grace and loved it. I thought it was much nicer than Grace Bay Club and on a better stretch of beach. Also, liked The Sands (it's the next property on the beach down from Pt. Grace) but I wouldn't stay there without my kids, ditto Beaches. If you want peace and quiet and a place not teeming with kids, I suggest Pt. Grace. Also, I don't recommend AI, we had lots of fun trying out all the restaurants on Provo.

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 11:54 AM
Karen

Been a few years but it was delightful. If you don't stay at GBC, be sure to have dinner and a lunch there. Great! The Philadelphia paper just had a review of Tucks and Caicos, Beaches, the Ocean Club and Meridian Club. Not nearly glowing enuf of Meridian Club which is still one of the top two of my all-time trips! Go to the Inquirer site and do search for "Lolling in the Turks and Caicos."

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 01:45 PM
Dudley

Thanks for the tip about the Philadelphia Inquirer article. We are staying at Point Grace and the Meridian Club next month. If I had my choice I would have chosen the Grace Bay Club over Point Grace, but I think they're both nice places.

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 09:15 PM
brent

we stayed at the ocean club. the rooms were really 800sq.ft. condos with big kitchens. get second floor for high ceilings and good view. The ocean was choppy in january, but may is calm. we ate dinner at grace bay then walked home on the long,safe beach- fabulous. Also look up Parrot cay on provo -new,expensive and very, very quiet. try luxurylink.com for package. besides clubmed, this will be an extremely relaxing and QUIET time. bon voyage.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 05:10 AM
Karen

Dudley, would love an "update" of the Meridian - especially since I know there were plans for major redo of the baths!

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 08:11 AM
Beth

I just love this site...ask any question and you get great response. Thanks to all who responded...still pondering our decision.