Is Caneel Worth it?

Sep 3rd, 2002, 03:41 PM
Jason

Is Caneel Worth it?

Considering going to Caneel Bay- good rates right now. Is it worth it?

Sep 3rd, 2002, 04:21 PM
Kiersten

Caneel is absolutely worth it. If you can get a good rate, grab it and don't look back. 7 spectacular beaches on the property, lovely spacious rooms, impeccable service and contrary to what you may hear the food is excellent. You won't be disappointed!

Sep 3rd, 2002, 04:58 PM
Jan

It's worth it only if you're going there solely for the beach and quiet setting.
The hotel rooms are not luxury (don't assume you're getting what you pay for as far as the room goes. No TV, phone, fancy bath etc), the food is OK.

Sep 3rd, 2002, 05:55 PM
IMO

Yes it is worth every penny but check www.luxurylink.com but not beachfront. You pay for what you get = privacy, service, very comfortable accomo1dations and not the shimmer and shine of chain hotels the only resort on St. John - the Westin is a typical ho hum chain hotel.

Sep 4th, 2002, 11:00 AM
travelstj

yes, caneel is great......location, location, location, and the food is very good.......

Sep 4th, 2002, 11:03 AM
bill

Caneel, is worth it only for location. Rooms are average at best, food is average, and service is at best average. But you cannot beat the peace and solitude.

Sep 5th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Linda

ABSOLUTELY!!!!! I went this past May and I fell in love with the place. Their beaches are amazing, the food is good, and the service was very good. I'm going back again next May. Can't wait!