Inter-island carriers between Curacao and Aruba

Apr 27th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Original Poster

Inter-island carriers between Curacao and Aruba

hi, everybody--my brother is starting to plan his honeymoon for March 2007, which will be in Aruba because he has a free timeshare stay at La Cabana. He is interested in adding on 3-4 nights either in San Juan as a stopover before going to Aruba, or possibly doing an open jaw itinerary starting in Curacao and flying home from Aruba.

What interisland carriers fly between Aruba and Curacao? I looked on itasoftware.com and didn't find any local carriers--just major airlines that required 1-2 layovers and a full day of travel. I did a quick search on this forum and didn't see that kind of information.

Can any of you help me help my brother? Thanks!
Apr 29th, 2006, 08:48 AM

DCA flies between Aruba and Curacao

For reservations call: (599 9) 869-5533 in Curacao
and 1 800 327-7230 in USA.

For Europe call 31-20-795-2910 or 31-10-240-9910.
Apr 29th, 2006, 08:52 AM

the airline is also known as Dutch Caribbean Express

http://www.dutch-caribbean.net/airlines.htm
May 14th, 2006, 01:04 PM

Bonaire Express fly inter-island between Bonaire/Aruba and Curacao. I don't think DCA exists anymore, certainly when I planned our trip last October, it didn't seem to. We travelled on Bonaire Express between Bonaire and Curacao, the flights did go onto Aruba. The website is www.bonairexpress.com. You have to send them an email to request a reservation.

Alternatively, you can try the same as we did, which is contact KLM who was our carrier into Bonaire and ask them to book the inter-island flights. Although they could not issue the tickets, they were able to make the reservation and we paid for the tickets at the town office once we arrived.
May 19th, 2006, 06:31 PM

Also Tiara Air see http://www.airportaruba.com/en/flightinfo/departures/ for more all airlines and info
May 20th, 2006, 06:42 AM

DOn't know why you couldnt' find any local carriers. In addition to the ones mentioned above there is also DAE -- Dutch Antilles Express. There is also BonaireEXcel
Jan 5th, 2007, 03:30 PM

If U fly Bonaire (Bonaire and subsidiaries have virtual monopoly on Curacao-Aruba route), prepare to waste most of the day at the airport. Schedule is somewhat erratic, rarely will employees (when available) explain why flight was cancelled or changed to fly to Bonaire or why your flight is 'full', etc. I suspect they simply change flight destinations depending on how many want to go to which island. Advance reservations necessary....Be ready for added 'departure fee'.